• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2021 at 3:36 AM, This is Who We Are said:

In this wild climate of 9.8 love, is 50k for Crow 1 out of the question???  Would the seller be shorting themselves???

It’s possible but not anytime soon.  The Crow would have evolve into a more mainstream interest than just a cult following.  I imagine if #1 hit those highs it would be under the same type of circumstances as Moon Knight’s rise in popularity.  That’s just my opinion.  

On 11/3/2021 at 6:32 AM, gadzukes said:

Bought a 12 long box collection of Moderns (ugh.... so much drek), but found some nice "Crow" issues mixed in.  I just submitted this #1 1st edition to CGC.

3CB14D65-3D89-4585-A6AF-705653C7B9AB.jpeg

IMG_8018.jpeg

FullSizeRender-13.jpeg

FullSizeRender-83.jpeg

FullSizeRender-85.jpeg

That just paid for your 12  long box purchase.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:32 AM, gadzukes said:

Bought a 12 long box collection of Moderns (ugh.... so much drek), but found some nice "Crow" issues mixed in.  I just submitted this #1 1st edition to CGC.

3CB14D65-3D89-4585-A6AF-705653C7B9AB.jpeg

IMG_8018.jpeg

FullSizeRender-13.jpeg

FullSizeRender-83.jpeg

FullSizeRender-85.jpeg

You could shred the rest to use as your packing materials and still end up ahead lol. Sweet pickup!

On 12/10/2021 at 7:04 AM, This is Who We Are said:

My goodness!!! Anyone check out the Clink auction that ended yesterday?  9.8 51 bid count, ended at 10,500!!!  Smokes!!!

THE CROW #1, CGC 9.8 NM/MT - The Auction Has Ended

Current Bid: $10,500
Number Of Bids: 51

WOW! First TMNT 1's kickin' arse, now Crow 1's.  And my wife thought it would be a bad investment...... hahaha....ha!😂

On 12/11/2021 at 7:06 AM, oakman29 said:

WOW! First TMNT 1's kickin' arse, now Crow 1's.  And my wife thought it would be a bad investment...... hahaha....ha!😂

While (sadly) I don't have TMNT 1, my wife begrudgingly agreed to let me invest in a Crow 1 a couple years back.  I don't often get to tell her "I told you so", but this "one time" felt pretty good :roflmao::headbang:

Edited by This is Who We Are

Odd that Caliber doesn't go for near as much.

I have Caliber and the Crow #1-4 all slabbed, but my Crow #1 is a lowly 8.0 that I bought in 2019 for something like $150.

I'm just glad to have completed it really. Still, Caliber not being "most important" lol idk

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, Ryan. said:

Seems like there are way more CP 1s around than Crow 1. Plus that Tim Vigil front cover is putrid. 

Once, a guy went off on me because he overheard me saying (to someone else) the book would be worth more if the back cover was on the front instead. I didn't even say it was ugly or bad, just that the book would be worth more if the covers were flip-flopped. It wasn't a funny comic book nerd-esque rant, either. He was genuinely ticked.

I should've bought a lottery ticket. What are the odds I'd come across the one Tim Vigil fan that was out for blood and willing to go to war on that hill?

On 12/29/2021 at 4:17 PM, Legion of Goom said:

Once, a guy went off on me because he overheard me saying (to someone else) the book would be worth more if the back cover was on the front instead. I didn't even say it was ugly or bad, just that the book would be worth more if the covers were flip-flopped. It wasn't a funny comic book nerd-esque rant, either. He was genuinely ticked.

I should've bought a lottery ticket. What are the odds I'd come across the one Tim Vigil fan that was out for blood and willing to go to war on that hill?

That cover is definitely not his best work.