• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, Ryan. said:

This is a "mint" first print that is, in actuality, a mid grade third print:

The Crow #1 1st Print & Appearance 1989 Caliber First Issue | eBay

Funny how the key part of the indica is cut off in the picture.  I hope the buyer catches this.

i have to say this thread is really inspiring.i guess its better to be late than never. i collected comics when i was a teen and always have been a big fan of the crow, just something about the story and the frank millerish art.for the last decade or so ive look on and off on ebay and almost pull the trigger several times but life things happend. the price went through the roof lately, i remember a set can be had for under $300 ,but at this point its the sentimental value .my goal to complete another set, i recently secured a really nice raw copy of 1 and 2 in 1st print and some other crow comic related goodies on the way. anways im happy to finally join the club !

IMG-0374.jpg

On 5/5/2022 at 9:56 PM, RyuKen said:

i have to say this thread is really inspiring.i guess its better to be late than never. i collected comics when i was a teen and always have been a big fan of the crow, just something about the story and the frank millerish art.for the last decade or so ive look on and off on ebay and almost pull the trigger several times but life things happend. the price went through the roof lately, i remember a set can be had for under $300 ,but at this point its the sentimental value .my goal to complete another set, i recently secured a really nice raw copy of 1 and 2 in 1st print and some other crow comic related goodies on the way. anways im happy to finally join the club !

IMG-0374.jpg

Awesome! Not too shabby at all. :)

And welcome to the boards!

I would be careful in regards to the crow 1 9.8 for sale on eBay right now that’s listed at 15,000 with a best offer option.  Seller has 0 feedback and just ended the auction he had going on it after I messaged him to question his credibility.   Wasn’t just because he has 0 feedback but because his listing item description was asking people to avoid eBay fees and to visit his website.   When I went to the website, there was very questionable prices on graded books.   Something doesn’t smell right with this one.  

On 4/25/2023 at 1:00 AM, Parabellum said:

Did you get those Dead Worlds off eBay?  If you did do you mind me asking how much you paid for the pair?  Great set btw!!!

+1 they really are in a league of their own, in price and etc. I noticed someone had the full run in the registry too lol some nice covers all in all or besides, and I'm in awe!

On 4/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, valiantman said:

The first CGC 9.9 for a Caliber published Crow showed up on the CGC Census this week.  It is a Crow #2.

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/search/publisher/:Caliber:/title/:Crow:/desc/yes/label/all/orderby/year/variants/yes/

Curious to see how much that would sell for, I’m guessing 3-5K range maybe more.