O'Barr's "The Crow" love
9 9

2,729 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2021 at 4:17 PM, Legion of Goom said:

Once, a guy went off on me because he overheard me saying (to someone else) the book would be worth more if the back cover was on the front instead. I didn't even say it was ugly or bad, just that the book would be worth more if the covers were flip-flopped. It wasn't a funny comic book nerd-esque rant, either. He was genuinely ticked.

I should've bought a lottery ticket. What are the odds I'd come across the one Tim Vigil fan that was out for blood and willing to go to war on that hill?

That cover is definitely not his best work.

i have to say this thread is really inspiring.i guess its better to be late than never. i collected comics when i was a teen and always have been a big fan of the crow, just something about the story and the frank millerish art.for the last decade or so ive look on and off on ebay and almost pull the trigger several times but life things happend. the price went through the roof lately, i remember a set can be had for under $300 ,but at this point its the sentimental value .my goal to complete another set, i recently secured a really nice raw copy of 1 and 2 in 1st print and some other crow comic related goodies on the way. anways im happy to finally join the club !

IMG-0374.jpg

On 5/5/2022 at 9:56 PM, RyuKen said:

i have to say this thread is really inspiring.i guess its better to be late than never. i collected comics when i was a teen and always have been a big fan of the crow, just something about the story and the frank millerish art.for the last decade or so ive look on and off on ebay and almost pull the trigger several times but life things happend. the price went through the roof lately, i remember a set can be had for under $300 ,but at this point its the sentimental value .my goal to complete another set, i recently secured a really nice raw copy of 1 and 2 in 1st print and some other crow comic related goodies on the way. anways im happy to finally join the club !

IMG-0374.jpg

Awesome! Not too shabby at all. :)

And welcome to the boards!