• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

I was exposed first to the movie, and found a few books. I finally picked up the hardback with the CD and loved it. For whatever reason, it's always been a back burner book for me.

I just had this sketch done at Motor City:

motorcity09049.jpg

And I've had this one for more years than I can remember.

80446.jpg.d3dd159afca248f2c0d14193c89f52b3.jpg

I was exposed first to the movie, and found a few books. I finally picked up the hardback with the CD and loved it. For whatever reason, it's always been a back burner book for me.

I just had this sketch done at Motor City:

And I've had this one for more years than I can remember.

:applause:

Well, I decided to sell some of my CGC and raw Crow dupes/undercopies so I figure I would show off while I still can. I guess I could put this under the hoards topic but I think that you guys may be the only ones who would appreciate it!

I found out about the Crow when I was about 12. Tundra re-released it and I bought each issue off the shelves as they came out. I loved it so much that over the years I would always pick up the original Caliber issues whenever I came across them. I recall thinking it was cool that James O'Barr was also from Michigan.

I've actually already sold a few runs of the series and 4 copies of Caliber Presents 1 so this picture isn't exactly complete, but it's everything I have from Caliber that is Crow related at this time. Enjoy!

-William

DSC00498.jpg

Great colllection abracadabra. :applause:

Here is more Crow artwork by James O'Barr for Caliber Press. Just in case you missed it. He did the cover too. Below is some interesitng information to think about.

Did anyone know that Deadworld #10 is the 1st Caliber Press comic and pre-dates Caliber Presents #1 by 2 months? hm

Deadworld #10 (Tame Cover)

scan0117-1.jpg

scan0034.jpg

Well, I decided to sell some of my CGC and raw Crow dupes/undercopies so I figure I would show off while I still can. I guess I could put this under the hoards topic but I think that you guys may be the only ones who would appreciate it!

I found out about the Crow when I was about 12. Tundra re-released it and I bought each issue off the shelves as they came out. I loved it so much that over the years I would always pick up the original Caliber issues whenever I came across them. I recall thinking it was cool that James O'Barr was also from Michigan.

I've actually already sold a few runs of the series and 4 copies of Caliber Presents 1 so this picture isn't exactly complete, but it's everything I have from Caliber that is Crow related at this time. Enjoy!

-William

William, I had a feeling you were holding onto an amazing stash when we exchanged PMs about your love of The Crow.

Simply amazing! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and PM's!

Yeah, I also have multiples of Deadworld 10-14, Caliber Presents 2, etc...(all have O'Barr covers). Lots of hidden gems in there. Speaking of Deadworld, I guess the movie is moving forward! :wishluck:

I didn't know that there is going to be a Deadworld movie. I going to have do some research. Thanks for the tidbit. I just picked some up in a $1 bin a few months ago.

Would love to see some more of those hidden gems you have of the Crow! I just looked up James O'Barr/Crow on the internet and didn't realize the Crow is in so many obsecure titles.

They've been talking about a Deadworld movie for years so I had kind of lost faith. It came back up this past winter and finally this is the year it looks like it may actually happen. More concrete news came out about it a month or two ago.

I would have to say the most off the wall Crow appearance I have is in Amazing Heroes 1990 Swimsuit special. It's a 1 page pinup. I'm too lazy to scan right now so you may have to do a search for it.

They've been talking about a Deadworld movie for years so I had kind of lost faith. It came back up this past winter and finally this is the year it looks like it may actually happen. More concrete news came out about it a month or two ago.

I would have to say the most off the wall Crow appearance I have is in Amazing Heroes 1990 Swimsuit special. It's a 1 page pinup. I'm too lazy to scan right now so you may have to do a search for it.

Seriously? I had never heard that before that The Crow appeared in AH. Good to know!

Didn't Deadworld 1st appear in The Realm? I think it was issue 4 that has a backup story, but it has been a long time.

I just picked up the Realm #4 last week at the LCS and I am going to pick up rest tomorrow.

Here is another comic with Crow art on the last few pages.

Good pickup on your part!

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and PM's!

Yeah, I also have multiples of Deadworld 10-14, Caliber Presents 2, etc...(all have O'Barr covers). Lots of hidden gems in there. Speaking of Deadworld, I guess the movie is moving forward! :wishluck:

THAT would be awesome.

I have more copies of Realm #4 than I know what to do with...