• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to sell some of my CGC and raw Crow dupes/undercopies so I figure I would show off while I still can. I guess I could put this under the hoards topic but I think that you guys may be the only ones who would appreciate it!

I found out about the Crow when I was about 12. Tundra re-released it and I bought each issue off the shelves as they came out. I loved it so much that over the years I would always pick up the original Caliber issues whenever I came across them. I recall thinking it was cool that James O'Barr was also from Michigan.

I've actually already sold a few runs of the series and 4 copies of Caliber Presents 1 so this picture isn't exactly complete, but it's everything I have from Caliber that is Crow related at this time. Enjoy!

-William

William, I had a feeling you were holding onto an amazing stash when we exchanged PMs about your love of The Crow.

Simply amazing! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Thanks Nick! I know you got that nice SS Caliber Presents, but did you ever find a nice copy of #3 that you were looking for? Though I've been pretty lucky, I think #1 and #3 are by far the hardest one's to come by in high grade.

Thanks Nick! I know you got that nice SS Caliber Presents, but did you ever find a nice copy of #3 that you were looking for? Though I've been pretty lucky, I think #1 and #3 are by far the hardest one's to come by in high grade.

Morning William.

I am glad you said that as #3 has been tough to find in grades above 8.0 condition. You have definitely been very lucky.

An incredible collection!!

(worship) (worship)

Yes

anyone know what the going rate on this book is?

For a 9.8, you are going to do very well for yourself. There are only 5 CGC 9.8 copies in the census right now, 17 CGC 9.6s, and 39 CGC 9.4s.

As far as rates out there, I'll leave that up to whomever has access to that data.

:gossip: Last sale was $455 in March.

seriously?

So I am new to the CGC slabs but not collecting are the prices for slabs always that much higher then price guide? ComicsPriceguide.com has 9.8 at $56. I really am interested in selling it but don't want to rip anyone off and not over charge as well.

Edited by Evil Uncle

seriously?

So I am new to the CGC slabs but not collecting are the prices for slabs always that much higher then price guide? ComicsPriceguide.com has 9.8 at $56. I really am interested in selling it but don't want to rip anyone off and not over charge as well.

Yup, a board member paid that for a copy on eBay.

I wouldn't follow comicspriceguide.com. Their listings on books are, at best, spotty. With anything modern, it seems, they have no clue about the book's current value on the market.

I wouldn't follow comicspriceguide.com. Their listings on books are, at best, spotty. With anything modern, it seems, they have no clue about the book's current value on the market.

+ 1

+ 1

What would you recommend ?

Well, for graded comics, there is no better guide than www.gpanalysis.com

For raws, it's really more about keeping your ear to the street. Watch eBay and other auction sites to see what books are currently fetching.

seriously?

Well I'm out! lol No way I can afford that right now!