• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

Well I have a nice set of Crow 1-4, Christmas Special and Caliber Presents #1 on the way. I can't wait to get them so I can read them and enjoy the artwork. I am going by the recommendations in this thread ha ha, I hope you all have good taste in comics.

:o

If you can get another #3 1st print, give me a heads up.

Well I have a nice set of Crow 1-4, Christmas Special and Caliber Presents #1 on the way. I can't wait to get them so I can read them and enjoy the artwork. I am going by the recommendations in this thread ha ha, I hope you all have good taste in comics.

:whistle:

:whistle:

lol

:cloud9:

Don't know about the Caliber Presents #1, but the print runs for the first Crow series were as follows:

#1 (10,000)

#2 (7,000)

#3 (5,000)

#4 (12,000)

Michael, where did you get those stats?

No wonder why #3 is a bear to find.

They were in the Comic Buyer's Guide Standard Catalog of Comic Books (4th edition) - the "other" price guide. As a price guide it's pretty useless, but it does have print run info that's not in the OSPG.

Don't know about the Caliber Presents #1, but the print runs for the first Crow series were as follows:

#1 (10,000)

#2 (7,000)

#3 (5,000)

#4 (12,000)

Michael, where did you get those stats?

No wonder why #3 is a bear to find.

They were in the Comic Buyer's Guide Standard Catalog of Comic Books (4th edition) - the "other" price guide. As a price guide it's pretty useless, but it does have print run info that's not in the OSPG.

:foryou:

Thanks for the fantastic details as I always wondered about the print runs.

:grin: I bought them from a board member :banana:

Okay, this sounds like my favorite Crow lurker, William. King of the Crow Hoard!

I'm gunning for you, William. :baiting:

Twas not me...

And now you've easily got me beat when it comes to Crow hoarding! I sold that entire ebay lot, all my CGC dupes, and one other run of the 4 issue series.... I'm down to the essentials right now...

I don't have two kids! lol

:grin: I bought them from a board member :banana:

Okay, this sounds like my favorite Crow lurker, William. King of the Crow Hoard!

I'm gunning for you, William. :baiting:

Twas not me...

And now you've easily got me beat when it comes to Crow hoarding! I sold that entire ebay lot, all my CGC dupes, and one other run of the 4 issue series.... I'm down to the essentials right now...

I don't have two kids! lol

:headbang:

You don't still have the #2 or #4 9.8 do you?

I would love to make an offer that would make your eyes bleed.

:eek:

Between your Caliber Presents 1 CGC 9.8 and Crow 1 CGC 9.8, that would put you right at the top of the heap, Chris.

Well deserved!

:applause:

Yeah, I still have the highest graded non SS copies of each issue except #1 and CP 15.

I really appreciate the interest Chris, but if there is such a thing as comics in my collection that I would never sell, it's these. I have comics that are worth more, but there are none that I have (and continue to) put more time and love into. It's actually somewhat pathetic for such a small run of comics... :insane: Thank you though!

Another #4 9.8 should pop up for sale eventually! :wishluck:

Regards,

William

Yeah, I still have the highest graded non SS copies of each issue except #1 and CP 15.

I really appreciate the interest Chris, but if there is such a thing as comics in my collection that I would never sell, it's these. I have comics that are worth more, but there are none that I have (and continue to) put more time and love into. It's actually somewhat pathetic for such a small run of comics... :insane: Thank you though!

Another #4 9.8 should pop up for sale eventually! :wishluck:

Regards,

William

:applause:

William, I totally respect that stance as there is investing in comics and then there is love of comics. This is one where it means more than money. And Chris is the same exact way about his books.

Very interesting how O'Barr's story to overcome personal loss impacted fans so deeply.

:foryou:

:gossip:I'll take your lowly #3 though to complete one of two sets. Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone.