• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

And even with your single issues, you are still King of the Crow.

(worship)

I don't know if your a hoarder or a just a huge fan hm

William's definitely a fan. Most probably bought all those books to find the hidden gems that really fit the grade.

And especially with those black covers, it is extremely difficult to find 9.6 or better grades.

And even with your single issues, you are still King of the Crow.

(worship)

I don't know if your a hoarder or a just a huge fan hm

William's definitely a fan. Most probably bought all those books to find the hidden gems that really fit the grade.

And especially with those black covers, it is extremely difficult to find 9.6 or better grades.

I must admit those are some awesome Crow books (worship)

Okay, how many of you were bidding against me with that entire Crow 1989 set that was on eBay? I got the book I wanted.

:headbang:

Shoot Nick,

I wish I would have known! I bid you way up. I won the other 3. I really want to trust the seller, but I have a bad feeling that there is going to be problems once the issues arrive (though I'm keeping my fingers crossed). I kept asking the seller if they were positive that there was no wear to the corners or anywhere else and no spine stress at all, and they insisted that there was none, that they were perfect! So if they aren't at least 9,4/9.6 candidates I'm going to have to have a talk with them and paypal... Hopefully not though!

Best of luck on yours too!

Okay, how many of you were bidding against me with that entire Crow 1989 set that was on eBay? I got the book I wanted.

:headbang:

Shoot Nick,

I wish I would have known! I bid you way up. I won the other 3. I really want to trust the seller, but I have a bad feeling that there is going to be problems once the issues arrive (though I'm keeping my fingers crossed). I kept asking the seller if they were positive that there was no wear to the corners or anywhere else and no spine stress at all, and they insisted that there was none, that they were perfect! So if they aren't at least 9,4/9.6 candidates I'm going to have to have a talk with them and paypal... Hopefully not though!

Best of luck on yours too!

Hi William.

I did the same exact thing, so let me know and I'll do the same. He kept emailing me outside of eBay stating everything, but when I would bring it back into EBay Messaging, he wouldn't send the same clarifications. We'll see.

:wishluck:

For any Crow collectors that are going after the Crow 1 CGC 9.8 on eBay right now, be careful.

The seller has posted pictures of a CGC 9.8, but the description clearly speaks to a CGC 9.6, to include noting how many CGC 9.6s are in the Census.

Someone supposedly did some research and found out through their dealer account CGC processed two copies of Crow 1 on the same day (CGC 9.6 is 0990989018; CGC 9.8 is 0990989019). It could be this seller is going to swap out the 9.8 for a 9.6 and claim they made an honest mistake with the photo posted.

It's even more of a concern as a few of us contacted the seller pointing out their "honest mistake" the other day and the seller will not respond to anyone's emails.

This may be an honest mistake, or it could be a seller trying to pull an ugly little scam.

(shrug)