• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,303 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2023 at 10:50 PM, flashlites said:

Here are the first 4 of some great Undergrounds I picked up last month! (More to share later :cloud9:)

image.thumb.png.eb57023034e56cda3361e2e94f5bf56a.png

image.thumb.png.ddfb8e67b8d8d4edea1be6fee7ab99d3.png

The great thing about these underground’s is that they are fun reads ‼️‼️

https://www.ebay.it/itm/385111405314

if you miss it, I suggest to get it;  a nice, early proof of scholarship by Rosenkranz.

See his web site at https://www.patrickrosenkranz.info/underground-comix, a lot of nice, important stuff.

I just realize that it has already been 20 years since he wrote his seminal Rebel Visions. Really, it is so short.

AF+Roskr.jpg

On 1/8/2023 at 9:01 AM, FoggyNelson said:

The great thing about these underground’s is that they are fun reads ‼️‼️

We laughed all night! Read them on Christmas eve! And toasted to Aline, she was so funny, love her sense of humor!

On 1/8/2023 at 8:36 AM, ug18 said:

if you miss it, I suggest to get it;  a nice, early proof of scholarship by Rosenkranz.

See his web site at https://www.patrickrosenkranz.info/underground-comix, a lot of nice, important stuff.

I just realize that it has already been 20 years since he wrote his seminal Rebel Visions. Really, it is so short.

AF+Roskr.jpg

First thing I had him autograph when I met him for the first time at a signing for Rebel Visions, which he also was kind enough to sign! Anything Patrick has published is an automatic buy for me!!!

That list of his needs to be updated to include his book on Jim Osborne!

Edited by wpbooks01

On 1/8/2023 at 8:36 AM, ug18 said:

AF+Roskr.jpg

Also of interest is the 5 issue zine he published and wrote 'scholarly' UG related material for, Countermedia! Interesting that the title isn't mentioned in the book or article bibliography! I cherish my run of that mag as it's full of all sorts of fascinating information!!!

Countermedia.thumb.jpg.9cc1ddd29f79f784ba5f241f6f10f2d6.jpg

On 1/9/2023 at 11:44 PM, wpbooks01 said:

What would you like to know?

Maybe just a couple of pictures of the shelves?
That would be great. (if you feel like to show,  I respect your privacy)

Edited by ug18
misprint

On 1/10/2023 at 3:45 AM, wpbooks01 said:

Also of interest is the 5 issue zine he published and wrote 'scholarly' UG related material for, Countermedia! Interesting that the title isn't mentioned in the book or article bibliography! I cherish my run of that mag as it's full of all sorts of fascinating information!!!

Countermedia.thumb.jpg.9cc1ddd29f79f784ba5f241f6f10f2d6.jpg

It is a three (or four?) run, they failed to start from issue 1, didn't they?

It is a little, very nice mag indeed.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:17 AM, ug18 said:

Mabe just a couple of pictures of the shleves?
That would be great. (if you feel like to show,  I respect your privacy)

'Twould be like trying to pick a favorite child....those shelves.....but just to go off topic for a moment, here's another shelf of forensic fun for you......in the case next to the one previously shown......

20210716_103625.thumb.jpg.94dbd6f0e950a9c159d6ac1f038e7495.jpg

On 1/12/2023 at 7:41 AM, Brother J said:

So I’m out of the market, can anyone tell me if undergrounds are still sold on eBay and if so, how they are doing? I have a storage unit of comics I need to empty out by selling, including a large underground collection. I’m going to try selling comix on Whatnot, if anyone uses that. 

Hope you provide a link, should you go that way. Have not experienced Whatnot, but it looks quite interesting if everything is sold live? can't quite get a feel for it, and your goods might be just the thing for giving it a try!!!

On 1/12/2023 at 9:41 AM, Brother J said:

So I’m out of the market, can anyone tell me if undergrounds are still sold on eBay and if so, how they are doing? I have a storage unit of comics I need to empty out by selling, including a large underground collection. I’m going to try selling comix on Whatnot, if anyone uses that. 

Yes you can still find Undergrounds on ebay although its hit or miss. Many recent searches were disappointing. The books I looked at last month were not in very good condition and seemed to be overpriced in my opinion. I ended up shopping here on the boards instead and am very pleased with what I got. Whatnot sounds interesting but they way it's run I am curious as to how they would end up and if you would get what you want out of them. Have you considered a sales thread here on the boards? I do have a friend that sells trading cards on Whatnot and loves it. Anyone else know any more about Whatnot?

Edited by flashlites

On 1/12/2023 at 6:52 PM, wpbooks01 said:

'Twould be like trying to pick a favorite child....those shelves.....but just to go off topic for a moment, here's another shelf of forensic fun for you......in the case next to the one previously shown......

20210716_103625.thumb.jpg.94dbd6f0e950a9c159d6ac1f038e7495.jpg

Thanks. I see, interesting collection, tough a little creepy indeed.  Do you collect them for professional reasons?

On 1/12/2023 at 4:41 PM, Brother J said:

a large underground collection.

Hi, maybe you may list it here. I am sure some of us are curious on what you may have.

Anyway, I buy on e-bay, and I am generally very satisfied.

Edited by ug18