• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,300 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Nice love me some Skull! I still need a nice 1 and 3 to complete my Skull run, Was the Skull 1 pricey?

Skull # 2.jpg

Skull # 4.jpg

Skull # 5.jpg

Skull # 6a.jpg

Nice books!

The Skull #1 was $8, the 3 and 6 were $6 each.  And I think they had multiple copies of all of them.  They did have the other issues or I would have grabbed them too.

4 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Nice books!

The Skull #1 was $8, the 3 and 6 were $6 each.  And I think they had multiple copies of all of them.  They did have the other issues or I would have grabbed them too.

DIDN'T have the other issues.

4 hours ago, OtherEric said:

KAYO Books provided some undergrounds after Haight-Ashbury failed me.  As near as I can tell, all bit the Yellow Dog are 1st printings:

image.jpg

The 1 and 3 require some investigation (as would a #2) to determine if they are firsts as your pictures show the comix partially obscured, and no interior point for the #1. But a fine score anyways, as the reading is priceless!

10 minutes ago, wpbooks01 said:

The 1 and 3 require some investigation (as would a #2) to determine if they are firsts as your pictures show the comix partially obscured, and no interior point for the #1. But a fine score anyways, as the reading is priceless!

I did check them against the list of tells on comixjoint, the 1 definitely has the glitch on page 17 and art bleeding off the pages in the back of the book.  On the 3, I think this is the registration mark in the pentagon on the back cover:

image.jpg

4 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I did check them against the list of tells on comixjoint, the 1 definitely has the glitch on page 17 and art bleeding off the pages in the back of the book.  On the 3, I think this is the registration mark in the pentagon on the back cover:

image.jpg

There ya go!

8 hours ago, wpbooks01 said:

I always like to inspire people to liberate the comics and comix from the darkness of the long and short box, and bring them into the light! Johnny Bindingseed, I am!

Plus they look so much more visually appealing on a bookshelf vs boxes. The only books I own that I don’t read are CGC slabs. You have inspired me to crack out more books and actually read them. 

And don't forget that delightful 'old funnybook' aroma that smacks you in the face, bigly! Something you don't really get in a finely printed collected edition. The missing link, if you will! Makes me a tad giddy! And Undergrounds are old enough now to share such delight!

Edited by wpbooks01

I can’t maintain interest in mainstream (Marvel) books. I finally started shipping them to MCS with the intent of putting all funds raised towards comix and/or original art. I know a number of you collect other genres but is there anyone else here that only collects Underground comix and/or original art?

22 hours ago, felixthecat said:

I can’t maintain interest in mainstream (Marvel) books. I finally started shipping them to MCS with the intent of putting all funds raised towards comix and/or original art. I know a number of you collect other genres but is there anyone else here that only collects Underground comix and/or original art?

I would say I was almost 98% undergrounds from '03 when I discovered them to probably '14 when I started to get priced out. Since then I've moved to back into two runs I collect (Spawn and Usagi). I also collect mid century tourist pottery (Nemadji) since I moved to Wisconsin and I like anything counterculture Milwaukee. I also got into vintage video games and systems but sold the majority of that stuff. 

Now I maybe buy an underground a year sadly. But I haven't sold much at all, so I still have 4+ short boxes of raw and stabbed UGs.