• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the?!?!?!?!...

15 posts in this topic

Is it reprint or really from 1940? First issue and "worth" 18$ in nm?????

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

#1 issue from 1940 sounds more like a +1K$ comic book.

It is the "Popped Wheat" give away - there are a ton of them out there.

If theres a ton of them from 1940, wheres all the Actions?????

Actually the date of this popped wheat giveaway is 1947....it is a reprint from 1940... thumbsup2.gif

And there must be a ton of them since I have one... insane.gif

If theres a ton of them from 1940, wheres all the Actions?????

I have nearly all the "Popper Wheat" giveaways, there are a ton of them out there. You have to remember that it came out after WWII, there was a fairly large print run, and they were given away. The other Popped Wheat giveaways that I know off hand are Little Orphan Annie, Smilin Jack, and Terry and the Pirates. Action's are an entirely nearly different matter.

lmao... Popped wheat is basically like Sugar Smacks without the sugar. Yes, these are truly common. How this one got bid up to $100 is a mystery, as it requires two or more clueless bidders. I remember buying several copies of the Tracy and Terry & The Pirates PW Giveaways in NM for $5 each 20 years ago, only to watch them stagnate in the OS Guide for decades. Seemingly the most common GA giveaways ever..?