• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink results....holy cr@p!

375 posts in this topic

Welll people, I picked up the Church Daredevil #4 :cloud9: My first ever Church book and I'm very excited to win it as such a great price!!! This same book sold on Heritage last year for a whopping $5975 :o Got mine for close to half of that..

RAD81CCE20081217_153551.jpg

Welll people, I picked up the Church Daredevil #4 :cloud9: My first ever Church book and I'm very excited to win it as such a great price!!! This same book sold on Heritage last year for a whopping $5975 :o Got mine for close to half of that..

Great looking book. (worship)

DRX

Wow! Sweet deal!

Just an observation. I have 3 books in the auction. 1 SA that is approaching GPA and 2 GA that are real bargains, including a Mile High and a Gaines file copy. But the GAs have longer to go.

With all these great books most of them not even reaching priceguide......Do you think the crisis has reached the GA?
it always comes down to supply and demand... maybe demand is down right now? maybe more supply is available?

however, there are still tons of examples of GA books selling for more than the past...we have only highlighted the bargain ones, because that is what folks are looking for...

but, books like the action 8 and 9 and 11, etc all went for very very strong prices...

heck, I thought the 2 lower AA 16's went for crazy money too ...and there are many other examples (CSS 22, about 10x guide for the grade) etc

(thumbs u

With all these great books most of them not even reaching priceguide......Do you think the crisis has reached the GA?

no

not crisis, but there is some deals to be had

Well obviously supply is strong. Demand is there but not enough to absorb all the books that have hit the market. We've had terrific books coming to market on consignment sites and at cons and four fairly large auctions (Comiclink, CC, Heritage and Pedigree) in one month certainly didn't help. I would say that it's simply a buyer's market right now and once the books either dry up or people start buying again in full force that prices should resume.

R.

Someone should nab this beauty that ends in about 7 minutes...

RAD065112009218_165445.jpg

Wow - sold for $150 over guide, and it's a white paged, 9.6 L.B. Cole. Amazing! ????

Actually, it didn't meet reserve.

Someone should nab this beauty that ends in about 7 minutes...

RAD065112009218_165445.jpg

Wow - sold for $150 over guide, and it's a white paged, 9.6 L.B. Cole. Amazing! ????

Actually, it didn't meet reserve.

correct...the asking price is $1300 (thumbs u

That's fantastic. I didn't bid on anything last night, but that was the one I most strongly considered taking a shot at. Great pick-up, great price.

it always comes down to supply and demand... maybe demand is down right now? maybe more supply is available?

however, there are still tons of examples of GA books selling for more than the past...we have only highlighted the bargain ones, because that is what folks are looking for...

but, books like the action 8 and 9 and 11, etc all went for very very strong prices...

heck, I thought the 2 lower AA 16's went for crazy money too ...and there are many other examples (CSS 22, about 10x guide for the grade) etc

(thumbs u

I think a few things are coming into play here.

(a) the selection of GA in this auction - while high in quantity - was lower in quality. At least relative to previous Clink auctions. Look at the SA stuff. The quality books (i.e. HG Marvels) are going NUTS. But an awesome book like B&B 62 in 9.6 sells for less than half its GPA high. In an average Clink auction there are 15 or so books that I seriously consider going after. In this auction there was one.

(b) this auction came right after Comicconnect & Heritage. Not to mention NYC & Wondercon.

© It would be foolish to say that the economy isn't at play here. It is, but nobody knows to what extent. The pool of buyers is certainly a little smaller, and the funds those buyers have is probably a little smaller as well.

I was underwhelmed with the Comicconnect auction & its results and thought that was specific to them. Now seeing how things are going on Clink, I have to think that this is more global. That is other than the SA Marvel market. That seems like more of a bubble than the housing market.

I agree with much of this.

I think a lot of the GA selection on this first day was LAME. Every book that was had for "a deal" seems to be either a consistently cold title, cold book, or just a bland cover. I really didn't even follow last night because the selection just didn't do it for me.

I also think the Comicconnect auction just ending this past weekend took a bite out of Clink. Competition is good for buyers and can be deflationary.

Ad 40 for $6050

AA 16 2.5 GLOD $8895

AA 16 2.0 PLOD $9900

good deal on the Adventure I think...

I lost out on the AA 16 2.0 PLOD by just $100 :frustrated:

Brian, actually, the winner's max bid was north of $12k..would you have beat that?

Nope.. I figured that a 3.0 with slight (A) resto. sold on Heritage for around $9500 I believe last year.

That book is available as we speak right here from Heritage for 12k. I actually prefer the 2.0 copy just due to the fact that the cover has not been cleaned. The 2.0 PLOD from CLINK is much closer to "unrestored" status IMO.

I think the economy has to have something to do with it. Some experts estimate that 40% of the world's wealth (on paper) has just evaporated. While the folks who buy Action 1s, etc. may always have money to spend, for the rest of us, that means a more conservative approach to discretionary income -- it might not be discretionary next year. I'm not spending as much right now because I don't know what is around the corner for the economy and feel like the better approach is to keep the nest egg larger than to have a funny book that no one may want to buy next year.

Still, if none of you guys want that PLOD Marvel 1 .... hm

Got this for under GPA and I am thrilled about it. This issue and this copy in particular have slipped through my fingers four or five times. I wasn't planning on bidding on much else, but with these weak results I now have three or four books on my radar. Hopefully they will go cheap as well.

RAD8C6282009222_125458.jpg