• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink results....holy cr@p!

375 posts in this topic

No worries, there was nothing on my Schomburg radar that was a "must have" in this auction. I got the books I wanted earlier in the week.

Is that really a Schomburg cover? GCD says it is

Nope. Allan Anderson. Illustration Magazine 18 has a very nice article about him with lots of pictures of his pulp and comic cover work.

I knew it! Actually I didn't know who drew it, I just had a feeling it wasn't Schomburg. Adam to the rescue again.

I think this is a mystery worth investigating.... hm

Hey Tim & Tb

I got the WDCS 140 golf cover which I was so upset at losing out on the other 9.4 in HA last month but got the Clink one last night and save myself some bucks and this one has White pages too ! :headbang:

and for 2K less than what it sold for in 06 ! :headbang::headbang:

Man, I hope this guy (God Bless his soul) has more Ducks ! :angel:

Nosed out on the WDCS 43 cause CLink's lots are too bunched up for this old man.

Best, - Hank

WDCS_140.jpg

Congrats, Hank! :applause:

You will be blown away when you hold this book in person, because that yellow cover just pops!

Hey Tim & Tb

I got the WDCS 140 golf cover which I was so upset at losing out on the other 9.4 in HA last month but got the Clink one last night and save myself some bucks and this one has White pages too ! :headbang:

Nosed out on the WDCS 43 cause CLink's lots are too bunched up for this old man.

Best, - Hank

WDCS_140.jpg

You will be blown away when you hold this book in person, because that yellow cover just pops!

Great win, GAFan! This price seems much more reasonable than what the top copies have sold for in the last few years. Also, it's very interesting to see how collectors have singled out this great cover as far more important than the Guide suggests.

Yeah. I think it's funny that CGC didn't even note in on the label on that 9.4.

It's an old label. To CGC's credit, on the "new" labels for this book, they do note the following (1) 1st appearance of Gyro Gearloose and (2) 2nd appearance Cark Barks Uncle Scrooge cover.

Hey Tim & Tb

Best, - Hank

WDCS_140.jpg

Great win, GAFan! This price seems much more reasonable than what the top copies have sold for in the last few years. Also, it's very interesting to see how collectors have singled out this great cover as far more important than the Guide suggests.

Thanks Tb and Tim. Yea, this I would say its an important key. One of those books I persoanlly singled out when I started on collecting the run and had absolutely no problems going many multiples over book on and can't wait to get it in my hands. Did any of you guys win (or know who won) WDCS 43 ?

Hey Tim & Tb

Best, - Hank

WDCS_140.jpg

Nice pickup - I was the underbidder at $1250, and was the underbidder on the Heritage issue at $1500 (which ended up selling for over $2,000 with juice), so you got a great deal on this book - congrats!! :golfclap:

Nice pickup - I was the underbidder at $1250, and was the underbidder on the Heritage issue at $1500 (which ended up selling for over $2,000 with juice), so you got a great deal on this book - congrats!! :golfclap:

Thanks Bonds25, I hope you get the other 9.4 out there one day (David Toth owns the other 9.4 I know of and his son says he's on a Carl Barks mission). - Hank

There were several of the low number Four Colors that I would have bid up if I wasn't focused on the 147 or if my auctions had done better.

So here are my 2 wins:

At about 40% off GPA and 45% off Guide, this seemed to me to be a real bargain.

RADECA8520081217_15116.jpg

This one just looks pretty:

RAD8CED120081218_15413.jpg

Congratulations, Transplant, that 147 was a great deal. I sold an idential copy (the same?) on eBay in 2007 for 60% more than what you paid.
I think that 2007 and 2008 are looking a Duck bubble. Fine by me from a collector's POV but, as you've mentioned, not necessarily good for the overall health of the market.

This was a different copy than the one you sold.

There were several of the low number Four Colors that I would have bid up if I wasn't focused on the 147 or if my auctions had done better.

Aren't you tempted to marker in the eyes? :)

So here are my 2 wins:

At about 40% off GPA and 45% off Guide, this seemed to me to be a real bargain.

RADECA8520081217_15116.jpg

Wow! Both fantastic books (worship)