• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is goon on a hiatus?

3 posts in this topic

haven't seen it in my LCS for a while, although maybe it just sells out quickly. they short order that book so that by thursday there's usually just one beat to heck spine smashed copy and then wind up having 20 extra copies of most of the marvels and DCs that they overordered to get some crummy variant that they'r now desperate to sell for half whatever the going rate was when it came out.

you'd think with the movie hype he'd be pumping out 3 issues a month to capitalize. with all these other artists doing goon stories (are they still doing that on the website?) it's not like powell has to do all the work himself.

Goon #32 just came out at the beginning of March.

And Eric does a LOT of the work himself and, in fact, went against his prior bi-monthly schedule to pump out the Goon monthly for the last year. I would cut him a lot more slack than you are doing, considering the fact he's producing the best modern comic going right now.

3 issues a month? Yeah, that worked wonders for Amazing Spider-Man. :P

I think this is the first time I've ever felt indignant on behalf of a comic creator before. And Eric himself knows this book is way too important to be governed by "movie hype."

Ugh.