• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Free scanning software?

5 posts in this topic

My old cannon scanner had great, easy to use software, but it died.

I posted this last year, but my IT person (the wife) didn't want to implement the suggested "fix" someone suggested, which would have entailed deleting some drivers. The software that came with my HP multiscanner/printer/fax/copier is obscenely complicated, takes 5X as long and has 15 more steps. I hate it and it has way more options than i need. I just need something simple and quick. I don't want to play with the images.

So, has anyone gotten a free download of something that fits into what I'm talking about (preferably from a reputable/non-virus infected website...)?

I just use the Windows Xp scannng software with my scanner and it works fine. Then I use Ifranview which is a free software for quick editing such as cropping the picture and resizing it.

np

(thumbs u

Once you get use to using it you can set up a bit of custom options with it like size and brightness. Once that is done everytime you go to scan just choose custom option and then put in file name and scan. Reason I use Irfranview for cropping is because it saves time over pre viewng with the scanner and then setting up the scan area. Also easier to see with bigger picture to work with.

100% free and very user friendly :)