• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misc Forum Alert!

168 posts in this topic

I'm currently running several Spiderman thread, both in GA/SA/BA and Copper-Modern Forums.

Lots and lots (AND LOTS) of books, and incredibly low prices. I am currently running a big sale, so drop on by!

Silver and Bronze ASMs - HUGE SALE!!

Copper and Modern Spiderman Bundles - LOW PRICES!

Going to be listing a near complete set of the 2nd full series of Deadpool (2008) later today or tomorrow at the latest.  All books were bought by me as a folder customer, and many were never read.  Going to be sold as a set only.  Hope everyone checks it out! :foryou:

Hoping to get a sales thread up late tonight (EST) in here; mostly copper/modern with a couple late bronze thrown in. I have photographed 39 lots thus far (single books as well as lots from 2-12 books). There are keys and htf items; Marvel, DC, Archie, Image, Fantaco, Comico, etc.

I hope to make it fun; please check it out!

I have some slabs from the early 1990s for sale in copper/modern and runs of Marvel Bronze in Gold/Silver/Bronze. Feel free to combine shipping as I have tons of cardboard.

This might be a little early for the announcement, but my next sale is going to be so large, I want everyone -- in particular, those who have been steady buyers from me over the years -- to have enough of a heads-up to have their anticipation built up for it and be ready when it comes. :devil:

A sale that will likely encompass close to 2000 books is coming, likely in the middle of September.  Half of it will be Silver/Bronze, the other half Copper with the occasional Modern thrown in.  The older books will be a lot of affordable lower-mid-grade to mid-grade, with some higher grade stuff tossed in.  There will be a LOT of keys, and hopefully all will be in a price range that will make it easy for people to pull the trigger.

This is the result of a collection I picked up on consignment, and a mixture of my own offerings thrown into the mix.  More than 90% will be books that have never been in a sales thread before that I've run (or will be different copies, if I've offered the issue before).  There should be something for everyone -- so keep an eye out here and in the individual forum announcement threads for when the sale is nearing (I'm 75% through the grading/rebagging portion now, so I'm hoping I'll be able to start scanning soon).  I'll be glad to answer an PM's about the sale, but I will not be selling anything ahead of time, as to give everyone a chance to grab something from the sale. :foryou:

Here's a quick preview of some of the mores sought after books you'll find:

5U7jeX4l.jpg

n5txbe6l.jpg

V09VOvJl.jpg

Hope to see everyone there in a few weeks! :foryou:

Coming some time today (barring disaster) -- the sales thread called "I Gotta Be Nuts!"

From Silver to Copper, there will be digests, paperbacks, photo covers, general screwiness. We're talking the kinda stuff where 9 out of 10 say "who the heck wants that?" And the 10th person pulls the trigger instantly. Nothing overly expensive, but some stuff hard to find and all of it fun and wacky. Definitely for niche collectors; come see if yours is represented.

Watch Mixed Threads for it; come hang out with me and the TMNT, Batman, Barbie, the Partridge Family, the MLJ heroes, Archie and others! :insane: (Official emoji of this very special, highly questionable, fully demented, extremely fun sales thread!)

Quick update -- pretty much all of the books have been graded (18 short boxes). More minor keys have been uncovered along the way as well than what was pictured at first.  Scanning of said books begins this week, so I'm hoping for a next Monday (September 11) start for the sale.  If the scanning goes slower than expected (due to work and fantasy football drafts), then the sale should be no later than Monday, September 18. 

Quick look at the books, ready to head to some of you hopefuly ASAP.  PM's are welcomed ahead of time, but no pre-sales of anything in fairness to everyone.

Hope to see everyone there!

TnQjSwpl.jpg

On 9/8/2017 at 4:23 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Due to fantasy football drafts and an unfortunate health scare with my dad, I'm pushing the start of the sale to the September 18th date, as I fell behind in getting things scanned.  Hope to see everyone next Monday! 

It's official -- my sale will be starting at 7:00 PM CST on Monday.  Plenty of keys, and a mixture of high-grade, mid-grade, and lower grade, including lots and freebies.  About half of what's pictured above will be Copper/Modern, so there should be plenty to choose from.  :)  Not all of the books are scanned yet -- I'll be working on doing that in my spare time while working the weekend and on Monday -- but I have plenty to get the ball rolling.  Hope to see you all there on Monday! :foryou:

On December 6, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Readcomix said:

Any interest here in seeing this material offered in a sales thread?

image.jpeg

I plan to start a sales read tonight (after 9 pm EST) with these Avatar Press books pictured. There will be multiples of various variant covers including the glowies and the Friday the 13th leather covers. The thread might take me several nights to shoot, grade, price and post, so it may well run both sides of Christmas. In addition to these, there will be a full set of 22 Brides plus multiple copies of #1, a Batman 457 000 error variant, first Gwenpool, some Fanboys vs Zombies, Spawn 272, and on the Copper side, some Fantaco Chronicles, the last issue of US 1, multiples of the first Lady Deathstrike, Sabre 1, Moebius Silver Surfer mini, Punisher Batman Deadly Knights, ASM #361, Thor 337, X-Factor #5 and 6, Batman 368, Darkhawk 1 and more! Stay tuned, I will try to make it varied and fun. 

21 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I plan to start a sales read tonight (after 9 pm EST) with these Avatar Press books pictured. There will be multiples of various variant covers including the glowies and the Friday the 13th leather covers. The thread might take me several nights to shoot, grade, price and post, so it may well run both sides of Christmas. In addition to these, there will be a full set of 22 Brides plus multiple copies of #1, a Batman 457 000 error variant, first Gwenpool, some Fanboys vs Zombies, Spawn 272, and on the Copper side, some Fantaco Chronicles, the last issue of US 1, multiples of the first Lady Deathstrike, Sabre 1, Moebius Silver Surfer mini, Punisher Batman Deadly Knights, ASM #361, Thor 337, X-Factor #5 and 6, Batman 368, Darkhawk 1 and more! Stay tuned, I will try to make it varied and fun. 

Apologies but I lost my night last night. Will try tonight! The good news is I pulled a few more things to add to the thread, including a Malibu Sun #13.