• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do people De-Slab???

108 posts in this topic

With the only possible exception of being to re-submit for a higher grade, why do people de-slab?

because they are :screwy:

But a run of Batman in 9.8 is not :screwy:

OK I get it.

With the only possible exception of being to re-submit for a higher grade, why do people de-slab?

OK I get it.

Limited collector Roy. I have tons of Tec's in 9.8, I could crack it or buy a VF/NM copy for a buck. The late bronze, copper, and modern markets are so shaky when it comes to this. These are not books to read, just pretty covers in a registry set. And this is the voice of the guilty. There are many books I wold not de-slab, and honestly I have no real reason to remove any from the plastic tomb. I can buy readres of anything I own for a fraction of the price of my slabbed copies. And there are some cases where I may buy a book crack it open and have a read. But either way both sides of this argument are estupido,

Why crack a book out? To read it you fool.

Why leave a book in the slab? Because I like it there.

What a junky thread.

OK I get it.

Limited collector Roy. I have tons of Tec's in 9.8, I could crack it or buy a VF/NM copy for a buck. The late bronze, copper, and modern markets are so shaky when it comes to this. These are not books to read, just pretty covers in a registry set. And this is the voice of the guilty. There are many books I wold not de-slab, and honestly I have no real reason to remove any from the plastic tomb. I can buy readres of anything I own for a fraction of the price of my slabbed copies. And there are some cases where I may buy a book crack it open and have a read. But either way both sides of this argument are estupido,

What a junky thread.

That's my point. I didn't dis anyone's collecting habits but all the small minded fools coming on here telling other people what to do irritates me.

OK I get it.

What a junky thread.

That's my point. I didn't dis anyone's collecting habits but all the small minded fools coming on here telling other people what to do irritates me.

Roy. You are trying match witt with unarmed men. Logic to some here is like nuclear physics and brain surgery to us.

Closed minded people tend to live healthier lives.

OK I get it.

What a junky thread.

Roy. You are trying match witt with unarmed men. Logic to some here is like nuclear physics and brain surgery to us.

Technically, its called NEURO SURGERY not brain surgery (thumbs u semantics? sure, but true.

just trying to help a brother out

OK I get it.

What a junky thread.

Technically, its called NEURO SURGERY not brain surgery (thumbs u semantics? sure, but true.

just trying to help a brother out

meh

This is a bit off topic but I don't want to start a new thread. I have heard conflicting reports that the micro-chamber needs to be replaced after 7 years and others that say it will be fine. Is the 7 year number based on anything other than a CGC 'hunch' or is there actual evidence that this is an issue?

This is a bit off topic but I don't want to start a new thread. I have heard conflicting reports that the micro-chamber needs to be replaced after 7 years and others that say it will be fine. Is the 7 year number based on anything other than a CGC 'hunch' or is there actual evidence that this is an issue?

There is no evidence. CGC state that there is no evidence that it will remain effective beyond seven years. Not that it will stop working, just that they have no evidence that it will continue to work its magic.

Semantics, but potentially profitable. (thumbs u

doh! This was just discussed in this very same thread a few pages back.

To answer the question at hand, I crack slabs to read the books. Flaming Telepath summed the rationale quite nicely.

There is no evidence. CGC state that there is no evidence that it will remain effective beyond seven years. Not that it will stop working, just that they have no evidence that it will continue to work its magic.

Semantics, but potentially profitable. (thumbs u

They could get the same benefit from a new label every few years as well. Everyone wanting to have a snazzy new label and all. :gossip:

Quite frankly, what does it matter why individuals take books out of their slabs? If you want it out, take it out. If you want it in, leave it in. No big mystery here.

(shrug)

If you want to whip it out , whip it out. If you want to leave it in, .......... :whistle:

Using bigger words never makes anyone a bad guy. I never thought of you that way.

Using French words when English will do???

lol

-slym

Deja vu?

Quite frankly, what does it matter why individuals take books out of their slabs? If you want it out, take it out. If you want it in, leave it in. No big mystery here.

(shrug)

If you want to whip it out , whip it out. If you want to leave it in, .......... :whistle:

You have been rather randy lately. Anything you need to share? Most preferably with a therapist, though.

(shrug)

You have been rather randy lately. Anything you need to share? Most preferably with a therapist, though.

lol

:makepoint: