• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strangers in Paradise

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me the order of these (i.e. which numbers for which publisher in order)?

I have a bunch of SiP books and am trying to figure where they fit. Too many publishers (Antarctic, Abstract, Image, yadda yadda).

-- Joanna

Do a yahoo or google search for SiP and you will get the SiP homepage. I just checked it out the other day (forget the site name, sorry)...It lists the order of the books. I know the main series is done through Abstract, but there were 3 issues prior that are the start of the series. Also, Lighthouse introduced me to this series recently, and has alot of knowledge about this title. I would PM.

BTW - I really like this book...kind of refreshing to read a book that is reality based instead of the usual good guy vs. bad guy fare.

Additionally, consider this "Positive Feedback" for Lighthouse. Super packaging, fast shipment (had in less than 1 week after placing order!), and great discount on the TPB's! Thanks Again!

Chris

The first volume is from Antarctic Press and lasts just 3 issues from 11/93 to 2/94. There are multiple printings including ones with gold foil.

The second volume is from Abstract Studios and runs 14 issues from 9/94 - 7/96. All but the final issue were reprinted with gold foil, and a couple of the earlier issues have non-foil second printings.

The third (and current) volume starts as Homage Comics, then switches back to Abstract with issue 9. This volume begins in 10/96 and runs through current.

The only issues that you might have to open to verify the volume are issues numbered 9-14 from Abstract, since those numbers were repeated.

As a side note, 1st printings of the original mini-series sell consistently around triple Overstreet in nice shape (even VF). Issue #14 of volume 2 (Molly and Poo) was never reprinted in TPB form, and was not reprinted as part of the gold foil printings. It takes place outside the main storyline, but is highly sought by collectors. It was finally reprinted in comic form earlier this year. Issue #16 of volume 3 (the only volume to reach #16) is the Xena parody with two different covers, and sells around $20 consistently despite Overstreet's $3 listing.

And as Chris said, I welcome PM's if you have any questions about SIP. I have offered it on my money-back-guarantee rack for years now...

Just drop me a PM with what you are looking for Major and I will see what I can do... I sell EVERY trade paperback at a discount... depending on the publisher it ranges from 15-25%, and if I am able to get a better deal I pass it along... I have around 700 trades in stock right now that I am able to sell at half cover price because I got a good deal on them (including Ultimate X-Men 1 , Akira 1, Sailor Moon, Akiko, and Oh My Goth, as examples).

But I would prefer if you cashed that check you are shaking before ordering. I don't mind you spending your report card money on my trades, but I don't take third-party checks from momma... blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

But I would prefer if you cashed that check you are shaking before ordering. I don't mind you spending your report card money on my trades, but I don't take third-party checks from momma...

Ooooo why I oughta........

You can expect your PM bomb... er... PM soon. heheh. Yes, so soon. Yeeessss.

You do take glass beads and animal skins as tender, right? If not, I'll have to go sit down and draw all new money because all the other bills that I drew last week got wet and bled out everywhere.

Thanks, Lighthouse!

I was asking because I have most of the issues and couldn't remember what went where when. I think I'm going to have to sell some runs of books now and am gearing up for that. I have complete runs of all sorts of DCs post-crisis to mid-90's (Flash, all the Superman books, and tons of others), and a bunch of stuff outside of DC, including SiP. I was a regular on the Compuserve comic board back in the early 90's, and Terry Moore was as well. We tended to support the new books of the people we knew there (lots of creators and fans hung out together) so I started reading his series pretty early on. Unfortunately, I missed the mini-series (bought the tpb -- 1st printing, does that count?), but have everything else, including Molly and Poo and the Xena issue. In fact, it was a friend of mine who suggested the Xena cover at the San Diego con, and Terry, being a fan of the show, loved the idea.

Anyway, the point is that if I'm going to offer this stuff on ebay, I'd better know what I'm talking about. Though I noticed a lot of auctions for the initial mini-series books at very reasonable prices, so I don't know that my stuff is going to get much money.

I do agree that it's a great series. An excellent read.

-- Joanna

You do take glass beads and animal skins as tender, right?

Let's see... so far in my career I have traded comics for:

Magic cards, Pokemon cards, Hockey tickets, Bubble Wrap, McDonald's Value Meals, Subway sandwich stamps, Alcohol, A Jar of Volcanic Ash, Birkenstocks, A Kiss in the Second Grade Coat Closet, Watch Repair, An Oil Change, Shiatsu Massage, A Bag of Replacement O-Rings for GI Joe Figures, An Autographed First Edition of Heinlein's Job: A Comedy of Justice, Gummi Bears, Petrified Wood, Kettle Corn and an Automobile...

I'm sure I am leaving something out, but based on that list glass beads and animal skins have a decent shot....

The most profitable trade was probably the VF copy of X-Men 2 for a 1988 Jeep Cherokee, but the most memorable is the one I made with Sally Hansen back in 1977... smile.gif

A Kiss in the Second Grade Coat Closet

Ooooh, was she hot? I bet she was hot. Tell us about her. describe the kiss.

The above was a fill in post so that Darth and Greggy don't have to post now, since I already asked their questions. smile.gif

Phil

Well I usually don't kiss and tell, but I still remember the scent of the shampoo from her hair... that Richie Rich comic was well spent... smile.gif

To this day I can't walk past an elementary school coat closet without a smile coming across my face.... Ah... sweet memories...