• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Authentic or reprints?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently acquired a couple of comics that aren't the size I expected them to be and I am wondering if they are reprints. Can anyone help with this?

One is Heroic Comics #33 (Nov, 1945). It is 6 5/8 inches wide and not the golden age width I was expecting.

Unlike the other GA books I have that show their age, this book is in almost new condition. Since the book is the size of modern comics it makes me wonder if it is a reprint

The other book is New Heroic Comics #92 (Aug, 1954). At almost 6 3/4 inches wide, it is not quite the width of the other books that I have from that era. It is also in almost new condition.

Do I have reprints or the real thing?

Thanks,

Ralph

• Administrator

There are some Heroics from the 1945-1946 period that are the size of modern comics.

Additionally, there are no reprints of that material that could be confused with the originals.

There are some Heroics from the 1945-1946 period that are the size of modern comics.

Additionally, there are no reprints of that material that could be confused with the originals.

Thank you very much for the info.

I had done searches for Heroic and Eastern Color reprints and never came up with anything but since comic book info seems hit or miss on the web I was not confident that no reprints existed.

After posting my original post, it occurred to me that another possibility was that the book was trimmed. But knowing that some Heroics from that period were the modern size makes that unlikely. Unless the trimming was very drastic (yikes!).

Thanks again!