• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC books on Ebay Thor # 193 9.6 Captain America 106

22 posts in this topic

that is quite some skill tho - to trim 3 edges and earn a 9.8!!! Amazing... or is that really not that hard to do?

You should do some reading in the Card forums. There are machines out there that can trim edges to microscopic levels, and apparently some big dealers are making use of them.

Will do...You'd think tho that what you are starting out with would have to have a 9.8 "middle" in order to make the 9.8 "natural" edges feasible without setting off CGC's alarms - but a 9.8 APP on a silver age (?) Cap - how'd that happen - what do you think it was prior to the trimming? 9.4 or 9.6?

This would be a perfect candidate for a theory of mine.If you keep submitting it as a new book,the boys in the lab might begin to think it is a common error on these books,not a trim job.Ten resubmissions would be worth it if it comes back in a blue label on the tenth try,no?

Will do...You'd think tho that what you are starting out with would have to have a 9.8 "middle" in order to make the 9.8 "natural" edges feasible without setting off CGC's alarms - but a 9.8 APP on a silver age (?) Cap - how'd that happen - what do you think it was prior to the trimming? 9.4 or 9.6?

Spine have to be (almost) perfect to get a 9.8. Before trimming the book was surely between 9.2-9.6. BTW this is the proof that there are some nice books in the MH II "pedigree", with a grade higher than VF+ grin.gif

10 subs on economy or standard? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif if it's economy that would take about 4 years. confused.gif893frustrated.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifforeheadslap.gif

lol...lol I figure someone will buy this books and resubmit it, looking for a better, non restored grade. 4 years doesn't really seem so long, does it?

CGC says that they have seen some other Mile High 2 books that were trimmed. Let's blame Chuck. Heck, we blame him for most everyhting else.

stooges.gif

The weird thing about this is that when Chuck had this book,or even ten years ago,this book was certainly not worth putting the effort into.Even today,a CGC 8.5 would most likely sell for more than this book.I wonder if someone was practicing their skills on a mostly common book before moving on to better things

BTW-I'm the current hi-bidder and it wouldn't be going south for the winter if I win..

The weird thing about this is that when Chuck had this book,or even ten years ago,this book was certainly not worth putting the effort into.Even today,a CGC 8.5 would most likely sell for more than this book.I wonder if someone was practicing their skills on a mostly common book before moving on to better things

BTW-I'm the current hi-bidder and it wouldn't be going south for the winter if I win..

I don't think it was trimmed. I think that was the way it was cut, CGC says NO WAY. I agree, who would carve up a 60.00 guide book??

They make mistakes, this may be one of them?

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif