• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeing all the sales in one convenient list
1 1

45 posts in this topic

• Administrator
I agree. I have given my opinion. The For Sale forum no longer "works" for me as a buyer or a seller. I will move along to other venues. It's a shame, actually.

Sounds a bit reactionary. Why don't you just give it a chance for a week or two.

That's awesome, Arch! Is there any way you can get rid of the 'Posted by' line, so you just have the thread title? That would tighten up that screen quite a bit.

No real layout control here, no. Bear in mind that viewing the RSS feed as a web page is a pretty raw way to see it. Really the best view would be in an RSS reader and/or plugin.

Here's a review of some firefox plugins:

http://mashable.com/2007/05/26/rss-firefox-guide/

I must already have an RSS reader loaded, as the link looks like any other web page for me (but without any ads!) :grin:

I agree. I have given my opinion. The For Sale forum no longer "works" for me as a buyer or a seller. I will move along to other venues. It's a shame, actually.

Dang, we couldn't please everyone? ;)

I admit it's different, but if even an old codger like myself can smile about it . . . I think you need to take a Yoga class :grin:

If you’d only move along from the rest of the boards, too….

:kidaround:

• Administrator

That's awesome, Arch! Is there any way you can get rid of the 'Posted by' line, so you just have the thread title? That would tighten up that screen quite a bit.

No real layout control here, no. Bear in mind that viewing the RSS feed as a web page is a pretty raw way to see it. Really the best view would be in an RSS reader and/or plugin.

Here's a review of some firefox plugins:

http://mashable.com/2007/05/26/rss-firefox-guide/

So I've been using this wizz rss plugin on firefox to see how it feels.

To be honest, it's awesome. It's almost faster and easier to navigate sales threads than if you were doing it on the boards. It shows you which ones you've read and which ones you haven't, it displays them all in one big list, it lets you click on them in the menu and jump right to them on the right.

I have the RSS feed set right now to only link to whole topics rather than responses, and I -THINK- that is how you guys would prefer it as it's the for sale initial thread that seems to have the good info. But really, this is cool / easy.

Attached is a screen shot.

77748.jpg.25cfe1df67a66ed8251cc0a90201dcb0.jpg

Edited by Architecht

BTW, the ability to add a sound alert when the feed detects a new thread is pretty cool too.

There should also be a sound alert, when a Prob/HoS member tries to buy or sell here. Kinda like a fire alarm sound. Just saying...