• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

I wanted to do this before you started on those Marvel Mysterys.

I'm going to do them last, as they are my best books! I still have the rest of my All Winners to scan, as well as my runs of Human Torch, Kid Komics, Sub-mariner Comics, USA's and Young Allies.

I'd love to see your Marvel Mystery Comics!

Timely

I see your Mystic #3 has some color touches, does the #7 have any? I always look extra carefully on those black covers! Love those covers!

Timely

Thanks! Interestingly, these scans look MUCH better on the computer I use at work than what I see here at home. Maybe a moniter issue? Anyway, I checked the Mystic #3 carefully but see no color touches. Where do you see them or what looks like color touches to you? Just curious. There is a black grease pencil mark that was erased. The Mystic #7 is clean, no touches that I can see. I don't have a black light to test them with though. smile.gif I've had both these since the early 70's.

I see your Mystic #3 has some color touches, does the #7 have any? I always look extra carefully on those black covers! Love those covers!

Timely

Thanks! Interestingly, these scans look MUCH better on the computer I use at work than what I see here at home. Maybe a moniter issue? Anyway, I checked the Mystic #3 carefully but see no color touches. Where do you see them or what looks like color touches to you? Just curious. There is a black grease pencil mark that was erased. The Mystic #7 is clean, no touches that I can see. I don't have a black light to test them with though. smile.gif I've had both these since the early 70's.

I see some of the reds look different at the top, but where I notice it most is on the brown parts, on the right edge.

Timely

All Winners #3 is my favorite cover ever since I saw it in "All in Color for a Dime" way back when. I've got All Winners #s 3-5 but they are simply not as nice as your #3. Gorgeous book!

I checked my Mystic #3 for the color touch again and it doesn't have any. The brown area you noticed is a small "bend" and the red variation looks to be a very faint dust shadow. Gee, sounds worse all the time. smile.gif

Here's All Winners #2 CGC 8.0 2nd Highest Graded Copy. A few Pedigree experts and myself instantly recognized this is the Pennsylvania Copy, apparently CGC was not as sure! confused.gif

Have you called Mark and asked why? The only conceivable reason I can think of is the page quality ... weren't Pennsylvania's supposed to have white pages? confused.gif

Alan

Great Schomburg cover Timely!! Even though it's sad to see that with the japanazis dispatched Cap & Subby are reduced to beating up fur hijackers. I can see why after the war, kids started to feel maybe superhero comics didn't do it for them anymore, and they'd rather read comics with half-naked jungle girls or bloodthirsty killers running around in them. Ah, imagine a parallel universe where Timely kept it's hero books going strong with airbrushed Schomburg covers featuring barely dressed beauties tied up in the foreground while Subby beat up alligators in the background, or a Syd Shores cover featuring the likes of Cap decapitating a deranged killer with his shield, or Bill Everett depicting the Human Torch battling decaying corpses in a graveyard.

All Winners Comics #17 CGC 9.2, 2nd Highest Graded Copy. Beautiful white book with OW/W pages! Notice the Atomic Bomb Research sign, as well as the Atomic plans being stolen! Schomburg cover too.

Timely

402078-allWinners17.jpg

402078-allWinners17.jpg.8a372c065610a7b74121f6914b48f905.jpg

Edited by Timely

That's a beauty!! cloud9.gif Love the white cover!!! thumbsup2.gif West ,I have a question ,do you have All Winners # 4 that is one of my favorite covers of the Golden Age,regrettably I don't own one "yet" maybe someday????

Regretably, I used to own the Photo-Journal copy, it's also the Slobodian copy. I sold it about 5 years ago before I got serious with Timely's.

Here's a scan. Maybe I can get it back someday.

PS. I also had the Photo-Journal/Slobodian copy of All Winners #12 (Classic Red Kull story), hoping to reaquire that one too!

Timely

402215-Allwinners4.jpg

402215-Allwinners4.jpg.dd48a7c88f1b29962079ab130ac8ff40.jpg

Edited by Timely