• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2023 at 9:00 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Hey me too

64903494-9E8F-4504-A640-28B8C8D3ACFF.jpeg

THAT is a HUGE book nowadays!!! I sold my lower grade raw copy a dozen years ago and haven't been able to buy a reasonably priced replacement since. It IS a spectacular Schomburg, no doubt about THAT!!!  (thumbsu

On 2/13/2023 at 11:51 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

xor16bnyhx7a1.thumb.webp.1ad34915934c6e1185ba8a79cb76e51f.webp

These were the four golden age books I found in my dad's collection. Three Timely comics ain't bad. Don't mind the EC in the top right corner, this is the only pic on my phone of em!!

That is outstanding!!!! Wow, a Human Torch #13 and a Marvel Mystery #48 as highlights of the stack (for ME anyway!)!!! Congratulations!!!  :applause:

On 2/16/2023 at 12:14 PM, MrBedrock said:

3 recently reholdered Marvel Mysterys...

mm51.jpg

mm58.jpg

mm65.jpg

:applause:Gorgeous! 

Did the grades and PQ hold? One of the reasons I'm hesitant to reholder 

Edited by sagii

On 2/16/2023 at 11:24 AM, sagii said:

:applause:Gorgeous! 

Did the grades and PQ hold? One of the reasons I'm hesitant to reholder 

All three were exactly as before.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:07 AM, Frisco Larson said:

They look great Ricky!!! The new holder looks SO much better than the older ones!!! Plus, the pedigree label looks oh so sweet!!!  :banana:

I've been holding back for a while sending some books in for reholdering – I wasn't sure if they would come out ok, but this post has emboldened me.

And totally agree - the current slabs are WAAAAAY better than the older ones. I love the little lip they have on the back for carrying them, and they don't have that stupid strip of paper glued to the top.

On 2/17/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mike Bromberg said:

I've been holding back for a while sending some books in for reholdering – I wasn't sure if they would come out ok, but this post has emboldened me.

And totally agree - the current slabs are WAAAAAY better than the older ones. I love the little lip they have on the back for carrying them, and they don't have that stupid strip of paper glued to the top.

The clarity of the newest gen is SO much better than anything I'd even thought possible, due to the layers of material between you and the book! Superior indeed!

On 2/17/2023 at 5:02 PM, Frisco Larson said:

The clarity of the newest gen is SO much better than anything I'd even thought possible, due to the layers of material between you and the book! Superior indeed!

The only draw back are those darn newton rings . Sometimes they are there and just ruin the visual appeal other they are not .