• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

Love the All-Winners 17 - Atom spies!! Now that's more like it. Subby strangling the baddie until his face turns purple is too much. I keep on thinking that All-Winners would be a great title to collect - you get Cap, Subby, Torch, S&K , Schomburg, the Red Skull, A Hitler-Hirohito cover,other classic covers, and the All-Winners Squad all in 20 issues.

BTW, that's not a tear on the right edge, but a printing crease that got inked over.

timely

Thanks, I was trying to come up with the right terminology to explain the same phenomenon on one of my books.

It's got the code on the first page!

Timely

Timely, can you get that from the graders notes? I had often wondered with some of those types of pedigrees and the writting found inside the book. I was never sure if they would note it on the label or what. But apparently they won't always.

Actually, when I bought it 2 years ago the "code" was listed on the label. I sent it in to CGC and had it removed from the label when they started removing insignificant notes last year.

timely

Actually, when I bought it 2 years ago the "code" was listed on the label. I sent it in to CGC and had it removed from the label when they started removing insignificant notes last year.

Pedigree hater! 27_laughing.gif Turn in your member's card!

And to answer Mephisto's question: I asked Steve at the 2002 Chicago Comicon if they kept "D Copy" codes in their grader's database, and he told me, "No." Damn shame, too, because I bet someone like ValiantMan or Fantastic Four could crack the meaning of the code in short order if they were provided enough samples of it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Alan

Kid Komics #1 CGC 9.0 Kansas City Copy and Highest Graded Copy. 1st appearance and only cover appearance of Subbie on a comic.

One of Sid Shores best covers! Check out Captain Wonder holding the smoking machine gun...classic!

Timely

405302-KID1.jpg

405302-KID1.jpg.b94503589e8faca67658e09593e4d152.jpg

Edited by Timely

Kid Komics #1 CGC 9.0 Kansas City Copy and Highest Graded Copy. 1st appearance and only cover appearance of Subbie on a comic.

One of Sid Shores best covers! Check out Captain Wonder holding the smoking machine gun...classic!

Timely

405302-KID1.jpg

893whatthe.gifI didn't know Greggy was Captain Wonder.

No, it is standard for that year.. Although many companies like DC and Timely had many different sized books depending on certain years, the Kid #1 is the widest Timely that they made. Starting with Kid #3 the books became narrower. The Kid #9 is the narrowest.

Timely

Kid Komics #4 CGC 9.2 Big Apple Copy and Highest Graded Copy. Another Schomburg cover, another bondage situation with little boys! Michael Jackson was not the first, I'm afraid!

Timely

406465-KID4.jpg

406465-KID4.jpg.311513d840217225a0ebe05e515f8da9.jpg

Edited by Timely