• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Ugly Book

7 posts in this topic

Here's a Tec 114's on Heritage http://apps.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=804&Lot_No=7756&src=pr&sid=75743A744679B47FC6F734DD2917180E This one in particular looks badly miscut.

This 7.5 isn't as bad but has an awfyl lot of white on the right hand bottom edge.

http://apps.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=804&Lot_No=7757&src=pr&sid=75743A744679B47FC6F734DD2917180E Comiclink used to have a Tec 91 CGC 8.5 with a decent miscut and it was noted on the label.

Yeah, no offense but I really can't stand it when books look like that.

Btw, I should probably remove my earlier post as this is the same seller who started emailing me with physical threats after I posted on here about a year back that his Cap book he had up for auction was "ugly". Watch out for that guy wink.gif

Brian

I wasn't thrilled with the dust shadow but I wanted an unrestored slabbed copy. I tracked down all the copies higher than my 5.0 except for one of the 5.5's and every issue except the 9.4 (solf for over 30 K) had some kind of problem that got it a qualifying remark on the label. the 9.0 on PGCMint has a coupon filled out. The 7.5 has stamps on the 1st 3 pages or so plus a "K" written on the cover and writting is kind of my pet peeve. The 6.5 is thw Twilight with moderate tanning interior front and back covers. The 5.5 I found and was up again for sale less than a month ago has glue on the spine. Every raw copy I have seen for sale has either been no better than mine or restored. So I took what was available and affordable.