• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Bronze Age DCs - All-Star Western #10, OFF #123, & more -- PRICE REDUCTIONS

42 posts in this topic

Our Fighting Forces #138: I love the creative and sometimes very subtle ways that Kubert worked the "The Losers" name into his cover designs for this series. Great stuff. VF/NM.

$13

:takeit:

Our Fighting Forces #138: I love the creative and sometimes very subtle ways that Kubert worked the "The Losers" name into his cover designs for this series. Great stuff. VF/NM.

$13

All yours...thanks and thanks again!

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #106: I had a nearly complete run of Lois Lanes several years ago...and this was the only one I kept. Not sure what that means, exactly, but this is VERY cool book. VG/VG+.

$9

supermansgirlloislane106.jpg

And finally...to consolidate my recent threads, here's a re-listed lot with a new, lower price:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS #1 - 17: A complete run of DCs mail-order only "pro-zine", produced from 1974 - 1978.

Like many of us, I saw house ads for some of these in various Bronze Age DCs, wanted them all badly, but I never sent away for them, and of course never saw them for sale anywhere else back in the day. This particular run belonged to an old-school DC collector here in Baltimore who started buying every DC title, brand new right off the racks, in the mid-1960s or so, and who received most (all?) of these copies via mail order directly from DC.

There is a wealth of history, information, and insights in these: e.g., interviews with top creators of the day (as well as with many industry legends who were still alive and active at the time), rare reprints, comics stories (all in b&w) that (at the time) had never been published anywhere else, checklists, movie reviews, convention photos, character profiles, unpublished covers and artwork, period photos from the old DC offices in NYC, and lots more! Check out the back covers (below) for a hint of some of the treasures inside!

NOTE: Some of these copies have small pencil or ink check marks on the the "Direct Currents" checklist pages (2-4 pages per issue), which listed all the DC comics on sale during that particular month. The grades assigned below will indicate this with a "w" for "writing".

Here's what you get:

#1 (Fine, w)

#2 (Fine, w),

#3 (VF+, w)

#4 (F/VF)

#5 (VF-)

#6 (Fine-, w)

#7 (F/VF, w)

#8 (VF/VF+)

#9 (LSH issue, VG+, 2" spine split down to top staple, w)

#10 (F/VF)

#11 (F/VF, w)

#12 (VF+, w)

#13 (VF/NM, w)

#14 (Fine)

#15 (Wonder Woman issue, F/VF)

#16 (Fine-)

#17 (Shazam issue, VG)

I'm offering this complete run (all 17 issues, rarely seen for sale as a single lot, at least in my experience) for:

$225 shipped and insured in the US.

ON HOLD!

(front and back cover scans for each issue; click on the thumbnails below for larger images):

th_amaz-DC01a.jpg th_amaz-DC01b.jpg th_amaz-DC02a.jpg th_amaz-DC02b.jpg th_amaz-DC03a.jpg th_amaz-DC03b.jpg th_amaz-DC04a.jpg th_amaz-DC04b.jpg th_amaz-DC05a.jpg th_amaz-DC05b.jpg th_amaz-DC06a.jpg th_amaz-DC06b.jpg th_amaz-DC07a.jpg th_amaz-DC07b.jpg th_amaz-DC08a.jpg th_amaz-DC08b.jpg

th_amaz-DC09a.jpg th_amaz-DC09b.jpg

th_amaz-DC10a.jpg th_amaz-DC10b.jpg th_amaz-DC11a.jpg th_amaz-DC11b.jpg th_amaz-DC12a.jpg th_amaz-DC12b.jpg th_amaz-DC13a.jpg th_amaz-DC13b.jpg th_amaz-DC14a.jpg th_amaz-DC14b.jpg th_amaz-DC15a.jpg th_amaz-DC15b.jpg th_amaz-DC16a.jpg th_amaz-DC16b.jpg th_amaz-DC17a.jpg th_amaz-DC17b.jpg

That's all for tonight, folks!

Take 10% off the listed prices for all remaining books (other than the fanzine lot). And remember: any and all PM offers will be cheerfully considered. Try me! :)

Also: please check back with me later in the week (probably on Friday night) for a BIG sales thread with 200 more Bronze Age DCs...!

Thanks again for looking!

-Mikey

And finally...to consolidate my recent threads, here's a re-listed lot with a new, lower price:

AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS #1 - 17: A complete run of DCs mail-order only "pro-zine", produced from 1974 - 1978.

Like many of us, I saw house ads for some of these in various Bronze Age DCs, wanted them all badly, but I never sent away for them, and of course never saw them for sale anywhere else back in the day. This particular run belonged to an old-school DC collector here in Baltimore who started buying every DC title, brand new right off the racks, in the mid-1960s or so, and who received most (all?) of these copies via mail order directly from DC.

There is a wealth of history, information, and insights in these: e.g., interviews with top creators of the day (as well as with many industry legends who were still alive and active at the time), rare reprints, comics stories (all in b&w) that (at the time) had never been published anywhere else, checklists, movie reviews, convention photos, character profiles, unpublished covers and artwork, period photos from the old DC offices in NYC, and lots more! Check out the back covers (below) for a hint of some of the treasures inside!

NOTE: Some of these copies have small pencil or ink check marks on the the "Direct Currents" checklist pages (2-4 pages per issue), which listed all the DC comics on sale during that particular month. The grades assigned below will indicate this with a "w" for "writing".

Here's what you get:

#1 (Fine, w)

#2 (Fine, w),

#3 (VF+, w)

#4 (F/VF)

#5 (VF-)

#6 (Fine-, w)

#7 (F/VF, w)

#8 (VF/VF+)

#9 (LSH issue, VG+, 2" spine split down to top staple, w)

#10 (F/VF)

#11 (F/VF, w)

#12 (VF+, w)

#13 (VF/NM, w)

#14 (Fine)

#15 (Wonder Woman issue, F/VF)

#16 (Fine-)

#17 (Shazam issue, VG)

I'm offering this complete run (all 17 issues, rarely seen for sale as a single lot, at least in my experience) for:

(front and back cover scans for each issue; click on the thumbnails below for larger images):

th_amaz-DC01a.jpg th_amaz-DC01b.jpg th_amaz-DC02a.jpg th_amaz-DC02b.jpg th_amaz-DC03a.jpg th_amaz-DC03b.jpg th_amaz-DC04a.jpg th_amaz-DC04b.jpg th_amaz-DC05a.jpg th_amaz-DC05b.jpg th_amaz-DC06a.jpg th_amaz-DC06b.jpg th_amaz-DC07a.jpg th_amaz-DC07b.jpg th_amaz-DC08a.jpg th_amaz-DC08b.jpg

th_amaz-DC09a.jpg th_amaz-DC09b.jpg

th_amaz-DC10a.jpg th_amaz-DC10b.jpg th_amaz-DC11a.jpg th_amaz-DC11b.jpg th_amaz-DC12a.jpg th_amaz-DC12b.jpg th_amaz-DC13a.jpg th_amaz-DC13b.jpg th_amaz-DC14a.jpg th_amaz-DC14b.jpg th_amaz-DC15a.jpg th_amaz-DC15b.jpg th_amaz-DC16a.jpg th_amaz-DC16b.jpg th_amaz-DC17a.jpg th_amaz-DC17b.jpg

Aquaman #54 and 55: Two great Cardy covers; two nice copies in Fine+ or maybe a little better.

$10 for the pair.

:hi: Mike,

can I combine these with whatever I'll find in your upcoming thread? If so:

(thumbs u Thanks!

Aquaman #54 and 55: Two great Cardy covers; two nice copies in Fine+ or maybe a little better.

$10 for the pair.

:hi: Mike,

can I combine these with whatever I'll find in your upcoming thread? If so:

(thumbs u I also owe you some CDs... :sorry:

Justice League of America #108: I love these JLA/JSA team-ups! The GA Quality characters were revived in this installment. Very nice copy. And fyi: that coloring funkiness in the orange inks near Dr. Fate's helmet is a production/coloring error and is present on every copy I've ever seen or owned. NM.

$30

justiceleague108.jpg

Justice League of America #108: I love these JLA/JSA team-ups! The GA Quality characters were revived in this installment. Very nice copy. And fyi: that coloring funkiness in the orange inks near Dr. Fate's helmet is a production/coloring error and is present on every copy I've ever seen or owned. NM.

$30

justiceleague108.jpg

It's all yours, thanks!

Thanks again to everyone! Invoices will go out later tonight. Meanwhile, here's what's left, all with additional price reductions:

All-Star Western #10: First Jonah Hex. Large tape pull on front cover. VG-. $50 ON HOLD per PM!

allstarwestern10a.jpg

allstarwestern10b.jpg

DC Special #16: Gorillas! Sharp squarebound. VF/NM. $10

DCSpecial16.jpg

G. I. Combat #222: NM-. $9

GICombat222.jpg

Justice League of America #74: F/VF. $9

justiceleague74.jpg

Justice League of America #136: VF. $3

justiceleague136.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #123: First Losers! VG. $9

ourfightingforces123.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #135: VF/NM. $14

ourfightingforces135.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #136: VF. $9

ourfightingforces136.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #145: F/VF. $3

ourfightingforces145.jpg

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #106: VG/VG+. $6

supermansgirlloislane106.jpg

World's Finest Comics #203: Dust shadow upper rhc. VF+. $7

worldsfinest203.jpg

All-Star Western #10: First Jonah Hex. Large tape pull on front cover. The Bat Lash reprint by Cardy and the El Diablo story by Gray Morrow are also first-rate. VG-.

$65

allstarwestern10a.jpg

allstarwestern10b.jpg

:takeit: per pm.

Thanks!

All-Star Western #10: First Jonah Hex. Large tape pull on front cover. The Bat Lash reprint by Cardy and the El Diablo story by Gray Morrow are also first-rate. VG-.

$65

:takeit: per pm.

Thanks!

(thumbs u