• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

copper/modern HG 9.8 sig series fund raiser for my dog- Caps, MOKF, etc.

34 posts in this topic

SOLAR #10 (1st print) CGC 9.6

$50

solar10.jpg

:takeit:

SHAZBOT!!

Was helping a friend, and totally missed this.

Oh well. Money still coming into a good cause, whether it is me or someone else.

Wanted to take a quick moment to say thank you for your support and PMs---all books are still for sale, and while my asking prices may be agressive, it's only in anticipation of what will be some crazy doctor bills.

Any offers you care to PM if you see something of interest, please feel free.

On behalf of my entire family, thank you again for all your kind words and support.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all the boardies for their support and concern over the last several days.

As you can imagine, it's been an unbearable week, having to watch our dog, who's such a big part of our family, go through what ultimately was cancer.

After several days of testing and weighing the pros and cons of attempting surgery, we had to make the painful decision to put her to rest.

What they found was swollen adrenal glands, dizziness, weight loss, two tumors in her kidney and liver. They suspect the cancer could well have spread to her brain as well.

The hardest thing I have had to do was leave my girl alone in that room and come home. They allowed us to spend hours with her alone in an exam room saying goodbye, and after my wife left with our daughter, I spent another 2 hours with her. At times she seemed better and more alert, and then she'd just put her head down and not move. She hadn't really eaten or drank much water, and she still couldn't get up. We tried everything looking for some sign that we should make every attempt to save her, but the doctors told us that at her age, she might not even survive the procedure. Even if the cancer was benign.

All of your donations have touched us so much, and I can't begin to tell you how much it all helped. The costs that these doctors and emergency rooms hit you with is just nuts.

We will miss our girl but at the end of the day we understood that this was probably the best thing to do. I still can't bring myself to read the vet report (it's 4 pages of bad news) but my wife did and said that in their findings, they suspected that Scout would only have lasted another 1 to 3 months anyway.

So it was just bad news piled on top of more bad news.

Again friends, thank you so much for your kind wishes and support. It means a lot to know you have friends out there that love their dogs as much as you do.

If any of you are still interested in any books in my threads, don't hesitate to PM or inquire.

My thanks again to all.

Rich,

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, but you're right that it was the best thing to do. Doesn't make it easier in the short term, but hopefully you'll be able to look back and really cherish the memory of your dog.