• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling All Comic Scholars!

6 posts in this topic

Thought some of you might be interested in this particular call for papers (CFP)...

Wizard World University-Chicago and Philidephia (Comic Book Convention Conference Series )

The Institute for Comics Studies is soliciting proposals for presentations, book talks, slide talks, roundtables, professional focus discussion panels, workshops and other panels centered around comics or comics related areas of study for Wizard World University—Philadelphia and Wizard World University—Chicago, the academic tracks of Wizard World Comic Book Conventions.

Panels that include participation by comics industry professionals are especially encouraged. ICS will provide assistance with recruiting professionals for participation in WWU panels.

Wizard World University represents the Institute for Comics Studies’ mission to promote the study, understanding, and cultural legitimacy of comics and to support the discussion and dissemination of this study and understanding via public venues.

Proposals deadline: May 21st, 2009 (Chicago), or June 6th (Philadelphia).

Submit your 100-200 word abstract with the words Wizard World University—Chicago in the subject line to hamiwill@gmail.com. Submit proposals for WWU—Philadelphia to: http://www.hsu.edu/form.aspx?ekfrm=40054

Original Call for Papers listing

:grin: You liked that too? Definitely gave me a chuckle when I first saw it so no need to apologize. When I first saw the listing, I thought it had some association with the University of Chicago (a relatively prestigious university for English and Writing folk), but then I saw WIZARD WORLD University of Chicago.

All the same, it does provide a nice opportunity for individuals to have an opportunity to publicly present their academic work, so I thought it was worth passing along.