• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone looking forward to Star Trek??

129 posts in this topic

I really looking forward to this movie.

As a matter of fact Megan Fox and I will be seeing it tomorrow (thats Star Date 0000 for you non trekkie timekeepers) :insane:

I was going through some old fan mags from back in the days of the disastrous first Big screen ST motion picture and it made me realize how close they came to killing this multi-billion dollar franchise with that.

Before that movie there was one series (and a minor animated one) that did lousy in first run but better in reruns and it spawned a theatre movie that sucked hard. If they gave up at that point all that we have in the Star Trek universe to day would probably not exist. Some of it is good , some bad but overall entertaining.

Its a good thing they gave it a second chance with Nicholas Meyer and the Wrath of Khan movie :applause:

but wasn't spock in captain pike's crew on the enterprise before kirk became the captain?

This movie does not follow the Star Trek time line of old.

It creates its own.

Standard Rules don't apply

At first I was put off by the cast but the more previews I see the more interested I'm becoming. There are a lot of favorable reviews so I will be going this weekend if I can find a seat.

Yeah, I was skeptical at first but it's getting such great buzz, I'll definitely see it but probably not until DVD. I just can't seem to find the time these days to see new movies.

I would see it at midnight, but instead I'm meeting the author of Fight Club tonight.

Apparently, you've forgotten the first rule of Fight Club.

Man...she's going to get his kicked.

If my brother-in-law babysits for us as semi-planned and we opt for an action/adventure flick, I'm leaning towards Trek over Wolverine. I haven't been to the movies in about a year, so that thrill alone will make up for any deficiencies in the film.

Im thinking matinee for Star Trek tomorrow, Already did the midnight showing of Wolverine. & im definitely going in with the same approach as wolverine... expect the worst hope for the best. (even though im hearing its great)