• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Block illiterate eBayer "dharry358" - eBay needs to go out of business

396 posts in this topic

Ok, blocking dharry358 on ebay. Quick question: does putting him on my blocked list keep my items from showing up when he searches, or do they show up and he gets a "you are blocked" message when he tries to bid?

the latter. it is kind of cool.

That's the one I would have preferred. Thanks! (thumbs u

(shrug) dharry358 has been on ebay since 2005, and has glowing feedback. We are only getting one side of the story here.

Exactly what I was thinking. I certainly haven't seen anything that would make me want to block the bidder. To each his own, I guess.

True, two sides to every story, I suppose. Anymore, it's almost a reflex to consider the board perspective when dealing with people on ebay and I try not to buy from sellers that have given problems to other board members. Maybe I shouldn't be so hasty with established buyers.

(shrug) dharry358 has been on ebay since 2005, and has glowing feedback.

Yeah, like that means anything, as buyers can only receive positive feedback now, and few sellers gave negatives anyway. And most of the "you neg and I'll neg" fights were mutually withdrawn.

Buyer feedback means absolutely nothing.

Yeah, like that means anything, as buyers can only receive positive feedback now, and few sellers gave negatives anyway. And most of the "you neg and I'll neg" fights were mutually withdrawn.

I just noticed that dharry358 has private feedback so you can't look at feedback that he has left for others. This is more useful than looking at feedback that others have left for him, as it tells you if he has a tendency for leaving unwarranted negatives.

Another moronic decision by eBay = allowing private feedback.

First off, like I said, he’s been on ebay since 2005. Ebay’s "positive only for buyer" feedback has been in effect for how long, 6 months, 9 months? The fellow accrued plenty of positives before the change, and feedback received by a buyer before the change does not mean “nothing.”

Second, his feedback was not private when I made my post, so I assume he’s aware of this thread. I also checked feedback he’d left for others and saw 1 negative besides the 2 he gave Cal.

Finally, since when did Cal’s word become Law? He’s had a plethora of unhappy buyers. We haven’t heard from dharry. My statement that we’re only getting half of the story is correct and true.

I just noticed that dharry358 has private feedback so you can't look at feedback that he has left for others. This is more useful than looking at feedback that others have left for him, as it tells you if he has a tendency for leaving unwarranted negatives.

Another moronic decision by eBay = allowing private feedback.

I agree - he looks like he's got something to hide. Never a good thing.

Ok, blocking dharry358 on ebay. Quick question: does putting him on my blocked list keep my items from showing up when he searches, or do they show up and he gets a "you are blocked" message when he tries to bid?

Quick question - how do we create a block list as I seem to only be able to specify buyers with negative feedback ? Do you need to be a power seller ?

I also would like to block him from my sales as he seems to want to hide his activities from everyone.

Thanks.

First off, like I said, he’s been on ebay since 2005. Ebay’s "positive only for buyer" feedback has been in effect for how long, 6 months, 9 months? The fellow accrued plenty of positives before the change, and feedback received by a buyer before the change does not mean “nothing.”

Second, his feedback was not private when I made my post, so I assume he’s aware of this thread. I also checked feedback he’d left for others and saw 1 negative besides the 2 he gave Cal.

Finally, since when did Cal’s word become Law? He’s had a plethora of unhappy buyers. We haven’t heard from dharry. My statement that we’re only getting half of the story is correct and true.

I agree in principle, but going out and making your feedback private does not reflect well upon this user.

I have to assume there's a snarky email or two by Cal we are missing, but how can a neg be warrented when you get the items you want in a timely fashion at the price you agreed to pay? I know Cal can be a little abrasive at times :baiting: but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

I agree in principle, but going out and making your feedback private does not reflect well upon this user.

I have to assume there's a snarky email or two by Cal we are missing, but how can a neg be warrented when you get the items you want in a timely fashion at the price you agreed to pay? I know Cal can be a little abrasive at times :baiting: but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Well, how are we supposed to know that it actually went down that way?

Two negatives besides Cal. That was the first thing I looked for as I've blocked pending bidders before when I see they are interested in my books, but then I go right to their Feedback Left For Others. If I see they have an excessive history of negatives and neutrals over a short period of time, I cancel their bid and block them.

This fellow, though, doesn't seem to be on the excessive at all to be honest. Those negatives were left over a three or four-month period.

Quick question - how do we create a block list as I seem to only be able to specify buyers with negative feedback ? Do you need to be a power seller ?

I also would like to block him from my sales as he seems to want to hide his activities from everyone.

Thanks.

Look up on the right-hand side and you will see a link called "Site Map." Click on this, and in the middle column second link under Sellers you will see a link for Block Bidders/Buyers List. Click on this and copy that name into the list.

Don't forget you can also go to the Site Preference link and set it up so folks that have a short history of not paying their bills also cannot bid. That is one heck of a powerful feature.

Believe me, I agree and always avoid folks with private feedback. BUT (a big but) maybe that's the result of discovering an internet geek chatboard was discussing my ebay buying habits. (shrug)

The auction states no Private Feedback bidders. Yet this buyer has private feedback.

Am I missing something?

I think he only made his feedback private once this kicked off here. (thumbs u

Interesting, as I also looked at his feedback yesterday no problem. So this is a board member, or did someone alert him to the thread? Either way, he must have experience with this as I've been on eBay since 2001 and couldn't tell you how to make your feedback private without going to the site and setting it up that way.

That is troubling.