• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Block illiterate eBayer "dharry358" - eBay needs to go out of business

396 posts in this topic

The auction states no Private Feedback bidders. Yet this buyer has private feedback.

Am I missing something?

I think he only made his feedback private once this kicked off here. (thumbs u

Correct. His feedback was not private yesterday when I looked.

Obviously there are parts of the exchange between buyer and seller that we have not been made aware of. Although I don't like to see private feedback, I would like to know the whole story before blocking any bidders.

Finally, since when did Cal’s word become Law? He’s had a plethora of unhappy buyers.

Watch what you say or you'll get put on Cal's "list." :baiting:

Or are you already on it? hm

Have to agree with Pontoon. I have never seen a seller that constently has this many wacko buyers (shrug)

Didn't have that historic perspective. So this is a regular event for someone?

Cal - why don't you neg him back? Pop his 100% cherry.

Just so you guys know...if they link your account and even suspect you are leaving malicious feedback they will lifetime ban your account now. I have seen it happen to a few people and they are not backtracking on it...no warning-no nothing. Some guy on the PSA boards just bid on an item from someone who negged him and they took him down. He had 3950 feedback with just that 1 neg and he was a power seller. They(ebay) are flat out doing whatever they want these days and don't care who gets run over in the process. Beware doing that and just let it go.

Like "lifetime bans" mean anything (to buyers) on eBay......

:roflmao:

I was actually telling cal (the seller)...not to use his account or any account linked to him to leave the feedback. If they connect the 2 they will ban all or any accounts in his name and he will not be able to sell using that name, address, cc number, bank account number, paypal account or ip ever again....but hey, what do i know.

I know what you meant. ;) Hence the qualifier....just commenting on eBay's general douchieness.

And there are ways around that as a seller, too...it's just a tad more...difficult. Same name isn't a (major) problem, new CC numbers are easy to obtain, IPs are easy to change, and Paypal account isn't true. It's the address and phone part that are a tad trickier.

Didn't have that historic perspective. So this is a regular event for someone?

If you only knew...

CAL, banning the world one continent at a time.

:jokealert:

(shrug) dharry358 has been on ebay since 2005, and has glowing feedback.

Yeah, like that means anything, as buyers can only receive positive feedback now, and few sellers gave negatives anyway. And most of the "you neg and I'll neg" fights were mutually withdrawn.

Buyer feedback means absolutely nothing.

I just noticed that dharry358 has private feedback so you can't look at feedback that he has left for others. This is more useful than looking at feedback that others have left for him, as it tells you if he has a tendency for leaving unwarranted negatives.

Another moronic decision by eBay = allowing private feedback.

hm

His feedback was fine before....and Cal can't leave negs. I wonder if Cal left him"negs" under positives. If so, Cal's going to be in trouble if the buyer protests, and the buyer can have those removed.

Ok, blocking dharry358 on ebay. Quick question: does putting him on my blocked list keep my items from showing up when he searches, or do they show up and he gets a "you are blocked" message when he tries to bid?

Quick question - how do we create a block list as I seem to only be able to specify buyers with negative feedback ? Do you need to be a power seller ?

I also would like to block him from my sales as he seems to want to hide his activities from everyone.

Thanks.

Here's a link to the blocked bidder list:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Just sign in, and add whoever you wish to add. They will no longer be able to bid on your items. Be careful, though...lots and lots of gun jumpers block others just on hearsay, without bothering to hear the other side....I've been blocked before, and I didn't know why and they didn't know why. I ask why I've been blocked, and the frequent answer is "I don't really know/remember." I reply back to see if they're willing to take a shot on me bidding. Some of them unblock, others don't.

And these aren't sellers that *I've* had a problem with and forgot, because my manual "blocked seller's list" goes back to 1998. And yes, Cal is on that list. :foryou:

After all...if you're blocking someone because someone you knew on a message board 5 years ago had a "bad experience" with them, but you've never done business with them...it's kinda silly to throw money away like that, innit?

Finally, since when did Cal’s word become Law? He’s had a plethora of unhappy buyers.

For the sake of Full Disclosure: Yes I am.

Although the last time he posted at length about the list, I was among those he couldn't quite remember what transgression they'd committed to be added.

Although the last time he posted at length about the list, I was among those he couldn't quite remember what transgression they'd committed to be added.

Did you beat him to a NM IMSM #1 - that would do it but quick.

Hey, no worries from this camp. I'm on the "list" as well. :grin:

Have to agree with Pontoon. I have never seen a seller that constently has this many wacko buyers (shrug)

lol