• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savage Sword of Conan Magazines...a couple of regular Conans added,PRICE DROP

62 posts in this topic

I'll verify Pats eye for a flip. Gave me the heads up a couple of times which I was grateful for.
That book STILL hasnt sold. I can send you a link later. Its up to $315.00 now though.. It will sell sometime around when Hell freezes over.

(thumbs u

I'll verify Pats eye for a flip. Gave me the heads up a couple of times which I was grateful for.
That book STILL hasnt sold. I can send you a link later. Its up to $315.00 now though.. It will sell sometime around when Hell freezes over.

(thumbs u

Don't keep it to yourselves.

They are my books now, and I can do whatever I want with them.

I think the board has been pretty good pointing out some various thoughts about the subject, which is a good thing. I really like this forum since I joined just a few months ago. MacMan made some good points too. But isn't the above quote really the bottom line? He bought 'em...he paid for 'em...he can do whatever he wants to with 'em. Even if he feels like throwing the lot into a fireplace, donating them to some schoolkids, or selling the lot for $1,000. My only caveat is that there be ethics involved when a transaction is being conducted.

Just my .02.

Eggman.

Learned alot here today. Learned a lot about surfing in the same kind of way, except teeth were lost, and egos demolished.

P.S. My apologies to Mary. Apparently I'm the one who got schooled on comic collecting etiquette.

Still don't completely understand, but life is what life is. The rules were here before me.

First, I am not mad that I did not make major money on my books. I knew the value, and you all pounded it in my head. Where you got that idea from I have no clue. (and any other comments made)

I guess it was a slap in the face, only because I gave you such a good deal, for being so helpful. I wish you could of understood, but I now see why I hate car salesmen so much. Situation reversed, you would of felt bad as well.

FYI. I sold the remainder of the books, and turned out to make a little over 1500.00, so I think I did just fine. Also found two more huge boxes in the back of the attic, which happened to be packed rather nicley. But thats were they will stay. I am done with the comic book scene.

First, I am not mad that I did not make major money on my books. I knew the value, and you all pounded it in my head. Where you got that idea from I have no clue. (and any other comments made)

I guess it was a slap in the face, only because I gave you such a good deal, for being so helpful. I wish you could of understood, but I now see why I hate car salesmen so much. Situation reversed, you would of felt bad as well.

FYI. I sold the remainder of the books, and turned out to make a little over 1500.00, so I think I did just fine. Also found two more huge boxes in the back of the attic, which happened to be packed rather nicley. But thats were they will stay. I am done with the comic book scene.

Mary, you are mad. That's ok. I guess you can feel however you want to feel. I am sick and tired of stating and restating what the situation is. I have no room for the larger magazines in the office file cabinet where I keep my comics. The wife doesnt care for the collecting as it is, and having them lie around on the desk or floor where she says she has to keep our son from getting to them was getting old. I put up 12 books out of 200+. What is your deal?

As for the rest of your books, if you really got over $1,500 for the various low grade readers you had left on that table, good for you! If it makes you feel better to say that, whatever. You told me on Friday that you made about $45 in sales and the rest of the garage sale was cancelled because of rain. Now you sold them for $1,500?

Just know that putting the Conan's up for sale (be it now or a year from now) wasn't meant to be a "slap in your face". What it was meant to do is get rid of 12 books I have no room for.

All the rest of this is blown way out of proportion. My God, it was $30 worth of Savage Sword of Conan readers, not a flip of some Golden Age book for a $500 profit a day after getting it from someone else on the boards!

Man, I just read through this thread and I just have to say this:

Mary: It's bad form to post in this fashion in a person's selling thread. You should take your complaints and aire them out somewhere else.

If there were no stipulations at the time of sale (i.e. "I forbid you to re-sell these books") a person is free to re-sell said books for the same, more or less than they paid. There is also nothing here that says a person cannot buy a book here and later re-sell it for a higher amount. The market will pay what it's worth.

Biggest thing I saw that absolutely needs to stop is pizzing on someone else's sales thread: That is just plain bad form.

I'm done with my rantrant

JUST SO YOU KNOW! 1500 total from all the books. AND a man came to the sale and left his number (on friday) I was in E. Peoria for my sons state track meet. I called him and came and bought the rest...ADD IT UP IT MAKES SENSE.

Never said it was cancelled said it sucked because of all the rain. Put an add in the paper, people come rain or shine. Especially the treasuries, and rest of the mags you did not go thru.

So stop trying to make me look bad. Its not about the money Matt, its the principal of it all.

Maybe your books are not selling for a reason.!!

NO NEED TO REPLY, I AM SO DONE WITH THIS FORUM.

Fuelman,

Thanks, I appreciate that. I agree with everything you have to say. They are my books, I bought them for what I feel was more than a fair price considering they are mostly readers, and now I can do with them what I wish. I'm not being a pr*ck and selling them all, I was trying to sell 12 magazines, not even comics.

As for "my" books not selling, they arent selling for the same reason they didn't sell when you had them here. No one really wants them.

As for the "principle of it all", you told me that maybe you should have just have co-signed them to me to sell, and later that maybe I should just buy them because you are so done with this and sell them myself here on the boards. Would you like me to go into our PM's and show you saying that? That is why I am so surprised at you now. But if you are really done here, it won't matter.

Yeah she did! I actually feel a little bad for her. I know she and her husband were hoping that these books would bring in thousands. When she ended her thread, she told me she made about $500. I gave her $200 and she only had some reader DC's and various Looney Tunes, and some Disney stuff left. I looked through everything she had. Everything. Then she told me that two days into the sale she made only $45.00. If now she says some guy came and gave her $800 for what she had left, that's fine. (I seriously doubt it) I feel bad because she didn't make much. I know she was hoping for more. It's the only reason I can think of that she would get so very angry at me for trying to sell the Savage Swords. Heck, if I made $1,500 total off of those books, I'd be happy as he**! I wouldn't care if everything I sold on the boards came up for resale right away!

Anyway, thanks to all for sticking up for me.

Peace. Thread is now CLOSED.

Fly by sellers... What else is new? :shrug:

What were we all discussing before the marketplace got split into a zillion sub-forums? hm

That's right!!! New members shouldn't be allowed to sell until they were established members after 3 - 6 months....

I removed my post because dwip was right. But since I have been asked. It is considered bad form to buy a book off the boards, and try and resell it here for a profit. Its kind of a slap in the face.

Yep, people tend to sell at the same price they bought for or even less.

Changing people's ID names as an insult is not great either.

I wholeheartedly agree. (tsk)

:slapfight::roflmao:

Fly by sellers... What else is new? :shrug:

What were we all discussing before the marketplace got split into a zillion sub-forums? hm

That's right!!! New members shouldn't be allowed to sell until they were established members after 3 - 6 months....

I was going to resent that as the new guy here, until I realized I've been here a month longer than you :eek:. You do have 10,000 more posts than I do though :hi:.

Yeah she did! I actually feel a little bad for her. I know she and her husband were hoping that these books would bring in thousands.

MATT come back to earth please. THOUSANDS...LMAO. !!! Sorry had to comment. But PLEASE! Anyway....I dont belong here and I gladly walk away!

Kiss some more azz, and tell more lies. Matt it suits you well.

Mary,

For someone "So done with these threads" you keep coming back to justify yourself. Why? You say you don't belong here and gladly walk away, yet you keep coming back. Why? If the whole comic book hobby isn't your thing and you were just here to dump some books and leave, then be happy with your $1,500 and quit worrying about what people do with the books you've sold.

As for kissing azz on here, I don't need to. The majority of the guys are looking at this and wondering what your problem is. Just because I thank the guys for sticking up for me doesn't mean I'm kissing a**.

I'll tell you what Mary. Come get your Savage Sword of Conans. Take them. I don't want them/have room for them, and since you are freaking out so much I'll just give them back to you. That way, you can sell them, give them away, burn them, whatever. I don't care. But at least I won't have to hear anymore cr*p from you about it. Fair enough?

Mary,

WTF? You had not such desireable books. What can I say? That is why they didn't sell here in the first place. Anything of value you had was snatched up immediately (like the Iron fist #14). What was left was low to mid-grade readers from the late 70's/early 80's. They just arent worth anything! There is no market for them. It's not my fault, and it really seems like after all this effort, you are just mad that you didn't make the mint you wanted to at first. Once again, not my fault.

At this point, I'm going to issue you a little reminder of some of the things you said to me, so if you arent happy with the price I paid for your books (a price YOU decided by the way), then this might refresh your memory;

"dont worry we still have a deal to make...the more you buy the cheaper it gets. just like a dealer...."

These are your words, not mine. I'm not going to go back and forth on here about this Mary. If you arent happy with the deal, then give me a refund. Otherwise, let it go. They are my books now, and I can do whatever I want with them. You werent "ripped off" or taken advantage of. If I decide to sell 10-12 magaizines that I have no room for in a filing cabinet, that's my decision. Ask any guy on here how much he would give you for 200+ reader copies of 70's/80's material. It won't be what I paid, I assure you.

Oh, just read your edit comment. "Do that to any other board member." Mary, books on these boards change hands constantly. I don't think a day has gone by where I havent read a sale's thread where someone is selling a book that they describe as "so and so's old copy". It's how these boards run. I think part of the fun on here is realizing that if you miss a sale, the winner might put up the book in a week or a month or at least sometime. As for turning a profit, if I wanted to do that I would have spent time grading, numbering and scanning all the books you sold me and set up a huge thread with some killer rock-bottom prices. I would have to sell almost every one, and even then, I doubt I would have "turned a profit". Let me reiterate one more time; You had 2.5/4.0 condition reader copies of bronze age books, not worth much even in high grade. There is NO market for them. They are literally everywhere for pennies. IF you think you were treated so unfairly, take your books to a LCS and see what they offer, if they even want them! I'm sorry, that's the sad truth! If your husband was a little older and these books had been Silver Age, well, you'd be in Mexico right now on your vacation.

Who is it that won't leave it alone? Matt...Mary....sounds like you two are just playing a game of "who can get the last word in". I know you're both upset about what has happened, but Matt, you already closed the thread (supposedly) yet you two keep bantering back and forth. This was supposed to be a sales thread (which went painfully awry) and you did close it. So why don't you guys take it to a PM if you want to continue to yell at each other?