• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman #22 with interesting staple defect

7 posts in this topic

Technically, I wouldn't hesitate to call this at least a 9.6 - no spine ticks at all, 4 sharp corners, no flaws anywhere.

But then there's the bottom staple on the front ... to me it looks like a printing defect - there's no damage around the staple area inside the book, nor any on the back.

Whatcha think?

pgm-miracleman-22-f.jpg

pgm-miracleman-22-b.jpg

I have absolutely no idea if that would affect the grade or not, and if it would by how much. Wouldn't it be considered a printing defect?

I would have thought it would, but wouldn't be surprised if it got hammered either.

Does it actually sit right in the centrefold?

This may fall in line with printing creases, they will allow a small one at 9.8 but a large printing crease will knock a book down to 9.4 or 9.6 on an otherwise 9.8 copy. I would assume a very minor staple dent or twist would still make a 9.8, but a more twisted looking one could get hammered lower. Take a chance and send it in.

This may fall in line with printing creases, they will allow a small one at 9.8 but a large printing crease will knock a book down to 9.4 or 9.6 on an otherwise 9.8 copy. I would assume a very minor staple dent or twist would still make a 9.8, but a more twisted looking one could get hammered lower. Take a chance and send it in.

Sounds like a plan to me - thanks for the insight (thumbs u