• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Golden Age Books

23 posts in this topic

Scott is right, the apparent grade was not improved by the CT (see staple area) so calling a book like this restored would be a disservice.

Now if it was skilfully applied and increased the grade then I could see it in a plod.

But how and when to cut off this type of thing drives me batty.

blackterror7cgc45ow.jpg

That makes sense, Kenny. I know when I tracked the graded online, it was first noted as restored and then in final grading changed to universal.

that is the key...

if the color touch or glue is so minor that it could be removed and not affect the grade, then a universal label is generally what it will get...

naturally, if the color touch or glue ,etc are enough that it changes the "apparent" grade of the book, then it gets purple (restored)...

Do y'all think back cover tanning gets as hammered in GA than in SA?
my experience is a defect is a defect... what we have to take into consideration is the population of issues...

as a whole, golden age are scarcer than silver age...so, as with any progression of grading, there are more samples to establish a "standard" from with SA, than GA...so, quite possibly cgc views them as "apples and oranges"

me personally, I grade every comic from every era the same