• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Book Would You have Stan Lee Sign?

Which Book Would You have Stan Lee Sign?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which Book Would You have Stan Lee Sign?

32 posts in this topic

Assume all books are lower grade--G/VG or lower. Which do you think would be the best call (factoring in long-term value, risk to the book for mishandling, etc, etc, etc). All books are raw with the exception of ASM #1.

I went for the Hulk #181. I know next to nothing about Marvel keys but from what I've learned on my time on the boards I'd go for that one. And I have no idea why :insane:

I would have two standards for deciding: Did Stan actually write the story in the book and is the front cover presentable?

It makes little sense to me to have someone sign a book they didn't work on, so that would let out a few of the books on your list.

Since you're adding a signature to the front cover, choosing one that doesn't have any major distractions would be my suggestion.

Given your list, I would probably go with the TOS 39...

2c

All the books should be raw. Why would the ASM 1 not be that way as well.... You have to keep it a fair comparison.

I haven't taken it out of the slab I bought it in. I dunno... I cracked my Batman #2 out of it's slab as soon as I got it, but my ASM 1 I worry more about damaging despite being worth a few hundred less. Go figure. doh!

Guest Grails
Where is the "none" option? Good comic collectors don't let people draw on their comics.

Label me in the "bad comic collector" category then.

Where is the "none" option? Good comic collectors don't let people draw on their comics.

Fixed that for ya! ;)

If you're not a signature collector, that's fine. But then this probably isn't the poll for you as I am and I'm looking for opinions from other signature collectors. It's why I didn't bother with the "none" option because it's not a matter of whether to have a book signed, but which one I will get signed.

I aim to buy my key comics with the intent to try and get it signed so yes, I went through all the time and effort to acquire these books to get someone who participate in/directly in the creation of said comic/character to sign it. It's what makes collecting keys truly enjoyable for me.