• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All story oct 1912

78 posts in this topic

Perhaps try AbeBooks.com or your regional antiquarian bookstores for the All-Story?

Good call on ABE! There is seller who has a coverless copy (with a repro cover) for a little over 5k.

So who/where do I pick up this coverless copy

It sounds like a steal

Are pulps the same size as golden age comics

Any other all story have great tarzan covers

This one is for sale for $138,889. :gossip:

All-StoryTarzan.jpg

LINK

So is this considered the holy grail of pulps and does CGC slab them?

They'll slab magazines so it's possible that some pulps might be gradeable but the vast majority, including the All Story, won't be.

Perhaps try AbeBooks.com or your regional antiquarian bookstores for the All-Story?

Good call on ABE! There is seller who has a coverless copy (with a repro cover) for a little over 5k.

It sounds like a steal

A few can be the same size but generally, like this All Story, they aren't.

It sounds like a steal

A few can be the same size but generally, like this All Story, they aren't.

So what size is this classic Grail of a pulp (new fun comics size)

Like detective dan secret op so what 9 by 12

Any other classic Tarzan pulp covers please post

Any help on attaining a coverless copy would be appreciated

Pulps come in 2 sizes dave

8x10 approx and 9x12 approx

in general they are about 1/2 inch think

CGC does not grade pulps in general and they do not fit in their slabs

Tarzan appeared in a number of pulp titles:

Argosy

All-Story

Blue Book

being the "Big 3" of Burroughs

John Carter of Mars stories also appear in All-Story (his first story was JC of M "Under the Moons of Mars", before Tarzan) as do many many of his other stories almost all of which appear first in serialized form in All-Story of Artosy etc

Some of his SF stuff first appears in titles like Amazing Stories

and yes Dave.. I have a number of them if you want to email me.

some extra info about the early Burroughs All-Stories:

it was fairly common to get for book collectors to get their copies bound in leather etc until maybe the 1960s. These are after all considered to be "first editions" and heavily collected by book collectors who did not otherwise collect pulps. Also, because of the scarcity of these issues, they were collected in any condition possible

For instance, I collect Raymond Chandler pulps as that is where he wrote his first material before writing the Big Sleep (darnit, I still need a couple)

All Story w/ Tarzan.. I'd say there are 20-30 copies in various collections including institutional collections. It probably means that maybe 100 or so copies exist in all types of collections (books collectors, ERB collectors, pulp collectors, comic collectors, institional collections). But of course, you have to pry one away and the small % in private collections makes it a very difficult acquisition.

I wouldn't be surprised if a place like the Smithsonian has several copies in different collections that have been bequeathed to them over the years.

So All story OCT 1912 is Tarzan first appearance. Is all story a different book than argosy

All story. So what is the next appearance of Tarzan and what is his next cover appearance

As well please post.

Who do I contact do get some of these types of pulps

I can't remember what his next cover appearance is.. and I don't have my reference handy.. but do a web search, you 'll find it somewhere.

just email me.. about the rest.. you have my contact

oh.. Argosy began in the 1890s

All Story soon after

at some point they became one mag, then split again and then joined again and then the All Story part was dropped and Argosy continued into the 60s or 70s as a slick

Nice group shot! I bet I'd be even more impressed if I had ever tried to actually purchase any of these! They cannot be easy!

The later Amazings and Argosys aren't too difficult, but the earier ones are pretty tough especially in decent shape. Here's a tough one:

ASAnnual1927fcsm.jpg