• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Important DC SA key (for DC collectors)

What do DC collectors consider to be the most important SA Key ?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What do DC collectors consider to be the most important SA Key ?

29 posts in this topic

If you look at my profile my grail has always been a BB #28 9.4. I appreciate the importance of Showcase #4 but geez louise Flash compared to JLA......no contest.

I look at the question as having 2 answers.

"What do DC collectors consider to be the most important SA Key ?"

The answer to that question IMO would be Showcase 4.

But the book I would most desire for my own collection would actually be the B&B 28.

If you look at my profile my grail has always been a BB #28 9.4. I appreciate the importance of Showcase #4 but geez louise Flash compared to JLA......no contest.

I look at the question as having 2 answers.

"What do DC collectors consider to be the most important SA Key ?"

The answer to that question IMO would be Showcase 4.

But the book I would most desire for my own collection would actually be the B&B 28.

The grail is up for grabs! Oh to be a player for this one!

sorry.gif I couldn't resist

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I don't care for Showcase 4, or B&B 28, or any of these books really. I hate despise Superman and hate the Flash. Most DC SA stories I have read were pretty forgetable...If I took one of the list it would be Batman 225. Tough book to find in high grade. I am biased though as I do collect DC but anything outside of Batman I don't really care for, and for me Batman is all about the villains. Although I take little stock in any of the 1st SA appearance of Bat villains nonsence. I also like GL somewhat but really only read the Addams GL/GA stuff. My answer will be other and I will take the 1st appearance of a character that has little importance to the DC universe but as a somewhat DC collector I find highly desireable to add to my collection. Batman 121 1st appearance of Mr. Freeze. 893whatthe.gif A real pain to find above fine unrestored.

Census currently shows you have 9 chances at that book in 6.0 or better. Best copy being an 8.5. You might check with DAM60. He's a Bats collector who may be networked into this. Not my area of specialty. Good luck.

I think that book is high one Dam's want list unless he's obtained one recently which to my knowledge he hasn't. So if Dam knew where one was I think he would have already snapped it up.

Census currently shows you have 9 chances at that book in 6.0 or better. Best copy being an 8.5. You might check with DAM60. He's a Bats collector who may be networked into this. Not my area of specialty. Good luck.

I think that book is high one Dam's want list unless he's obtained one recently which to my knowledge he hasn't. So if Dam knew where one was I think he would have already snapped it up.

I wish I had one - Rocketeer helped me fond me a raw VG- but I would like a nicer copy if at all possible. The Bats 121 is an impossible book in grade. I have not seen one ever, although I haven't been looking for more than a year or so. that's one that I would like to get my hands on, but I am not alone in that quest. It seems that Batmans from 70 to around 140 are really, really tough . . . .

If the lone 8.5 ever hit a Heritage or ebay I don't think I would be able to be a serios contender as I bet it would bring some serious $$$ . . .