• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC has signature authentication? Read below

4 posts in this topic

I was going thru some eBay ads and I saw an interesting point in the following person's auction...

He states that books can be re-graded and have the signatures authenticted retroactively... has anyone heard of this? And if so, how does that work?

Here is the link and also an excerpt of the auction:

web page

***NOTE: This was graded before the invention of the CGC "Signature Series," so the signatures & hand-numbering (despite their being a part of the comic's production) would have been treated as a defect, like any scribbling on a comic book, when it was graded...My guess is that this copy is actually higher than a 9.2, but it lost points due to the autographs etc. It is possibly for the lucky winning bidder to get this book re-graded and have them authenticate the signatures retroactively (which is possible--contact CGC for more information)***