• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the stupidest hing people collect?

44 posts in this topic

I did the bottle cap and TV Guide thing as a kid. In fact, I still have a large and very heavy box of TV Guides from the 70s that I don't want to throw away, yet they are pretty much worthless if you check on ebay. I should trash them or just take out one or two of the best ones, but I don't have the heart, considering I collected them for years.

Collecting bottle caps was pretty dumb...as someone said, wondering around picking up trash to add to your collection. I think Bert on Sesame Street collected bottle caps which is what made it "cool" to me...lol...

As far as other people, I think the Beanie Baby craze was WAY overdone. Those were manufactured collectibles which I don't like. I prefer to collect things that are old and rare because no one bothered to save them, or items that just have a sentimental significance to me. I don't want something that is #453 out of 1000 and was made last year.

When I was seven I started collecting empty cigarette packets that I would find on the street on my way to school. At one stage I had over two hundred different brands until my mother made me throw them out.

I have been warped ever since. Maybe I can sue her. insane.gif

I also collected bottle caps, and I also did it because I was inspired by Bert. I remember Bert had this piece of cardboard on which his bottle caps were mounted. It was like a 10x10 formation, and there was a missing spot right in the center for the rarest one that he was still looking for. I must've had collecting in my blood even at that early age, because I thought that was SO COOL.

I would wander around residential construction sites picking up the bottle caps. Like shooting fish in a barrel...

1) I spent thousands in the 90s buying comic related trading cards - I did love them, and still like the art on some, but I must have been crazy! I've still got about 10,000 of them in a box, not even binders! - Yes I did enjoy it, but now I think it's mad!

2) Animal excretion 893whatthe.gif

2) Animal excretion

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You should contact Chromium about that. There is a machine that produce excrement in a Brussels museum (Belgium), true ! grin.gif

My 16 year old daughter just showed me a site called......

www.ratemypoo.com

I'm worried about her. I thought my disease hadn't been passed down, but.....

CAUTION: Do not view this site after a full meal. CAUTION

I collect Bazooka Joe comics and proud of it. cool.gif I'm less than a dozen away from having them all from 1954 to 1986 (not counting variations). We're talking thousands.

I've never understood people who collect barbed wire.

Wooa, you should look at this MINT 10.0 specimen ! 893whatthe.gif

Don't EVER let anyone tell you the French don't appreciate art! Way to go Oz! Merde!

thumbsup2.gif

Again, WARNING...do not click on the above link right after you have eaten. We warned you!

Now excuse me,....... I have to go drop some friends off at the pool!