• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

Do you care if a comic has been pressed?  

1,227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

337 posts in this topic

Yes I would like to know if a comic has been pressed or not because we don't know the long term effects pressing has on comics.

You do realise a book is pressed and heated when it is printed. IIRC I still see some books for the 1930's in high grade slabs. Did not appear to have too negative of an effect on those books.

Yes I would like to know if a comic has been pressed or not because we don't know the long term effects pressing has on comics.

You do realise a book is pressed and heated when it is printed. IIRC I still see some books for the 1930's in high grade slabs. Did not appear to have too negative of an effect on those books.

Oh I am more then aware of the printing process due to working at two printing graphic companies. Still though pressing is an additional process which is done after the fact in which in some of the tutorials they are using moisture and different heat processes to press your book in which we do not know the long term effects of.

People who seek high grade copies of older books not solely because they are pretty but also because they have a high level of unmanipulated preservation care whether a book has been pressed or not.

(shrug)

People who seek high grade copies of older books not solely because they are pretty but also because they have a high level of unmanipulated preservation care whether a book has been pressed or not.

(shrug)

I used to seek HG copies of books because I attached value to their SP(State of Preservation).

I no longer seek HG copies of books because the SP can no longer be determined.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2/3 of the respondents ON THIS BOARD don't care.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

When I sold my CGC graded bronze books I had left it open and asked people to inquire about pressed books to see what sort of response I would get.

Out of about 25 PMs only 1 person asked if the book he was interested in was pressed.

(shrug)

R.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2/3 of the respondents ON THIS BOARD press books. How did you think they would respond?

BTW - There seems to be more than 10 that do...... :baiting:

2/3 of the respondents ON THIS BOARD press books. How did you think they would respond?

BTW - There seems to be more than 10 that do...... :baiting:

Fine. 20, 25, whatever. That's it.

When I sold my CGC graded bronze books I had left it open and asked people to inquire about pressed books to see what sort of response I would get.

Out of about 25 PMs only 1 person asked if the book he was interested in was pressed.

(shrug)

R.

I assume that noone asked because those that care just assumed the books were pressed & pasted right over your thread. :foryou: