• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

Do you care if a comic has been pressed?  

1,227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

337 posts in this topic

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2/3 of the respondents ON THIS BOARD don't care.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2/3 of the respondents ON THIS BOARD press books. How did you think they would respond?

BTW - There seems to be more than 10 that do...... :baiting:

Fine. 20, 25, whatever. That's it.

I feel a wager coming on....... hm

When I sold my CGC graded bronze books I had left it open and asked people to inquire about pressed books to see what sort of response I would get.

Out of about 25 PMs only 1 person asked if the book he was interested in was pressed.

(shrug)

R.

Why not pro-actively disclose in the 1st place? I assume that noone asked because those that care just assumed the books were pressed & pasted right over your thread. :foryou:

Because I wanted to see what sort of response I would get. In the end, the result would have been the same...everything would have been disclosed.

I just used another avenue to get there.

The one person that asked also stated to me that he didn't care but just wanted to know in case he ever resold.

R.

These polls are interesting, but speaking from experience I don't think many people truly care about it. Of the hundreds....probably thousands of books I have sold on these boards, I can only recall a single instance where I was asked if a book had been pressed. Dozens of threads and sales to hundreds of individual board members and I have been asked once? I think that's telling.

These polls are interesting, but speaking from experience I don't think many people truly care about it. Of the hundreds....probably thousands of books I have sold on these boards, I can only recall a single instance where I was asked if a book had been pressed. Dozens of threads and sales to hundreds of individual board members and I have been asked once? I think that's telling.

I've always thought that you were a proponent of pro-active disclosure. I had no idea that I would have to ask you.....until now. (shrug)

Ok... Gloves are off.

I CARE if a book has been pressed. Only because I would like to know any WORK done. If you press it, work IS done.

I will purchase a pressed book. I just want to know that it is, for when and IF I choose to sell it.

The same people always say "nobody cares. Blah blah blah Effin' blah". But I have seen 2 yes TWO of these people disclose publicly. The rest believe it is the buyers responsibilty to ask. THAT is the GREATEST piece of information a buyer here can have that will aid in making the decision of dealing with the person who only gives information when asked.

A press and a stack of books are not the same. So dont say they are. I agree that both MAY have similar effects. But 1 single word comes to mind INTENT..

Pressing threads are annoying. But the NOOBS need to learn, and the search function here SUXX.

And as for nobody cares? The people who will not buy pressed books will not ask a person that is known for pressing 90% of the time. Those people have been vocal about NOT dealing with people who press books.

Information is your friend. Ask if the book has ben pressed.

I've always thought that you were a proponent of pro-active disclosure. I had no idea that I would have to ask you.....until now. (shrug)

I do proactively disclose, but not everyone knows that and I often forget to write that in my threads. Not to mention the two years or so I sold on here without even knowing about pressing.

Looks like the pro pressing crowd is winning now. A year ago this poll would of been split 50/50.

You know, this statement really honks me off. Nice way to change the question.

"Pro-pressing crowd"? That isn't what is going on here. The "I Don't Care Crowd is who answered the poll. NOT the "pro-pressing crowd." :censored:

Of course, but nobody will do that. They think "caveat emptor", which applies to EVERY OTHER TRANSACTION IN A CAPITALIST SYSTEM, doesn't apply to buying comics.

I do proactively disclose, but not everyone knows that and I often forget to write that in my threads. Not to mention the two years or so I sold on here without even knowing about pressing.

If you didn't know about pressing.....I figure it's safe to assume that buyers didn't know to ask either.

No biggie. I just don't see your "experience" as significantly "telling". :foryou:

Looks like the pro pressing crowd is winning now. A year ago this poll would of been split 50/50.

"Pro-pressing crowd"? That isn't what is going on here. The "I Don't Care Crowd is who answered the poll. NOT the "pro-pressing crowd." :censored:

Just so I understand....

Are you saying that the "pro-pressing crowd" didn't vote in this poll? ???

If you didn't know about pressing.....I figure it's safe to assume that buyers didn't know to ask either.

No biggie. I just don't see your "experience" as significantly "telling". :foryou:

I'll take my personal experience over some poll or the anecdotal "evidence" of others any day of the week, but people can take my comment or leave it. I am sure it won't change anyone's mind about anything...much like these endless threads won't.

Of course, but nobody will do that. They think "caveat emptor", which applies to EVERY OTHER TRANSACTION IN A CAPITALIST SYSTEM, doesn't apply to buying comics.

Honestly. Don't even know what you said.

My other thought though is the question is far to black and white. It doesn't ask about disclosure, it doesn't ask if it is even a book for a personal collection.

I could care less is someone else's books have been pressed.. (shrug)

Guest Grails

Gotta run out and mail some boardies some books. I expect this thread to be 20 pages when I return.

Just so I understand....

Are you saying that the "pro-pressing crowd" didn't vote in this poll? ???

I'm sure they did. I'm sure the "Pro-Pressing Crowd" got out of their Inner Sanctums, pulled their original owner Marvels out from the racks and voted.

BUT THAT ISN'T WHAT THE QUESTION ASKED.

The question was "Do You Care". NOT whethter or not you are pro-pressing or not. I personally DO NOT CARE. That does NOT make me pro- or anti-pressing. I DO NOT CARE.

2/3 of the respondents ON THIS BOARD don't care.

Of course, as there are a ton of SELLERS on here, many of which utilize pressing as a method of generating cash.

I actually like the pressing movement now, since it will drastically increase the number of high-grade CGC copies, swelling the census and auction houses with newly-created 9.6-9.8 copies, thus lowering overall prices into the future.

So, more comics for me. :banana:

Honestly. Don't even know what you said.

My other thought though is the question is far to black and white. It doesn't ask about disclosure, it doesn't ask if it is even a book for a personal collection.

I could care less is someone else's books have been pressed.. (shrug)

I'm agreeing with you. Ask if the book has been pressed.

Of course, the virulent anti-pressers would have you believe that it is incumbent upon the SELLER to do that, and the innocent, naive buyer should be able to sprinkle fairy dust and rainbows and be told everything, and never have to ask any questions about the things they are buying. Should the seller disclose? Of course. But you as the buyer should ask, if you care about it.

I CARE if a book has been pressed. Only because I would like to know any WORK done. If you press it, work IS done.

I will purchase a pressed book. I just want to know that it is, for when and IF I choose to sell it.

I voted that I care for the same reason Resurrection did; the original question is worded too simply and generically. Just because I "care" whether it has been pressed or not, which I do, doesn't necessarily mean I disapprove of it. It's just useful information to know whether it has already been done or not.