• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

Do you care if a comic has been pressed?  

1,227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

337 posts in this topic

I actually like the pressing movement now, since it will drastically increase the number of high-grade CGC copies, swelling the census and auction houses with newly-created 9.6-9.8 copies, thus lowering overall prices into the future.

So, more comics for me. :banana:

I agree completely with this. (thumbs u

Looks like the pro pressing crowd is winning now. A year ago this poll would of been split 50/50.

You know, this statement really honks me off. Nice way to change the question.

"Pro-pressing crowd"? That isn't what is going on here. The "I Don't Care Crowd is who answered the poll. NOT the "pro-pressing crowd." :censored:

Just so I understand....

Are you saying that the "pro-pressing crowd" didn't vote in this poll? ???

I'm sure they did. I'm sure the "Pro-Pressing Crowd" got out of their Inner Sanctums, pulled their original owner Marvels out from the racks and voted.

BUT THAT ISN'T WHAT THE QUESTION ASKED.

The question was "Do You Care". NOT whethter or not you are pro-pressing or not. I personally DO NOT CARE. That does NOT make me pro- or anti-pressing. I DO NOT CARE.

ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT YOU DON'T CARE?

Ok... Gloves are off.

I CARE if a book has been pressed. Only because I would like to know any WORK done. If you press it, work IS done.

I will purchase a pressed book. I just want to know that it is, for when and IF I choose to sell it.

The same people always say "nobody cares. Blah blah blah Effin' blah". But I have seen 2 yes TWO of these people disclose publicly. The rest believe it is the buyers responsibilty to ask. THAT is the GREATEST piece of information a buyer here can have that will aid in making the decision of dealing with the person who only gives information when asked.

A press and a stack of books are not the same. So dont say they are. I agree that both MAY have similar effects. But 1 single word comes to mind INTENT..

Pressing threads are annoying. But the NOOBS need to learn, and the search function here SUXX.

And as for nobody cares? The people who will not buy pressed books will not ask a person that is known for pressing 90% of the time. Those people have been vocal about NOT dealing with people who press books.

Information is your friend. Ask if the book has ben pressed.

Amen! (worship) I personally think that manipulating a book whether it be resto. or pressed,should be disclosed.I am not a fan of it ,but will purchase a grail(AF#15,F.F.#1 etc.) restored only because thats the only way I'm going to be able to afford one.Other than my grails I probably would wait to purchase a non pressed,non restored book. 2c

I am beginning to wonder if completing my X-Men run will be worth it, mentally. From now until forever, I will wonder if the book I buy has been pressed, or trimmed, or resto'd in some way/shape/form.

Adam-Henry's are taking the fun out of collecting comics. "Investors" did in the 1990's with a glut of drek, so there goes moderns, and now the Danny Cupcakes of the world are ruining the SA/GA world of collecting.

:mad:

-slym (Adam-Henry, A-H, a-hole... you dig?)

Gotta run out and mail some boardies some books. I expect this thread to be 20 pages when I return.

Is there a time limit since I am sure I can get this thread to over 20 very easily by using a magic word lol

I completely respect Pat's view on the issue but in the end the onus will always be on the consumer.

To me it's no different than someone who has an allergy, a preference or a dislike in any other consumer market. The end user needs to ask the questions.

Stuff that is safety or health related will be government mandated. The rest is up to the consumer and the marketing companies.

R.

Of course, but nobody will do that. They think "caveat emptor", which applies to EVERY OTHER TRANSACTION IN A CAPITALIST SYSTEM, doesn't apply to buying comics.

Honestly. Don't even know what you said.

My other thought though is the question is far to black and white. It doesn't ask about disclosure, it doesn't ask if it is even a book for a personal collection.

I could care less is someone else's books have been pressed.. (shrug)

I'm agreeing with you. Ask if the book has been pressed.

Of course, the virulent anti-pressers would have you believe that it is incumbent upon the SELLER to do that, and the innocent, naive buyer should be able to sprinkle fairy dust and rainbows and be told everything, and never have to ask any questions about the things they are buying. Should the seller disclose? Of course. But you as the buyer should ask, if you care about it.

I can not say I do not agree 100% with you. I would LOVE to see more people like Joeypost and Spiderman on tilt offer the information. But it is up the buyer in the end.

My concern is for those who would not offer that information, what makes them any different than any other person who hides things. For the many who WILL ive you an honest answer, I am sure there are just as many who will lie just to take the money.

Ok... Gloves are off.

I CARE if a book has been pressed. Only because I would like to know any WORK done. If you press it, work IS done.

I will purchase a pressed book. I just want to know that it is, for when and IF I choose to sell it.

The same people always say "nobody cares. Blah blah blah Effin' blah". But I have seen 2 yes TWO of these people disclose publicly. The rest believe it is the buyers responsibilty to ask. THAT is the GREATEST piece of information a buyer here can have that will aid in making the decision of dealing with the person who only gives information when asked.

A press and a stack of books are not the same. So dont say they are. I agree that both MAY have similar effects. But 1 single word comes to mind INTENT..

Pressing threads are annoying. But the NOOBS need to learn, and the search function here SUXX.

And as for nobody cares? The people who will not buy pressed books will not ask a person that is known for pressing 90% of the time. Those people have been vocal about NOT dealing with people who press books.

Amen! (worship) I personally think that manipulating a book whether it be resto. or pressed,should be disclosed.I am not a fan of it ,but will purchase a grail(AF#15,F.F.#1 etc.) restored only because thats the only way I'm going to be able to afford one.Other than my grails I probably would wait to purchase a non pressed,non restored book. 2c

While pressing is not a form of restoration in the eyes of many, you are indeed returning the book to it's natural state. So in the end, the book IS restoed to some extent. But it will never be traceable in any way other than disclosure. Therefore will never be considered "conventional" restoration. I may eat my words in years to come, but right now that outlook is dim.

And don't beat up on restored books. They are not some TRAGIC happening done in a fit of malicious intent. (other than amateur that is not disclosed). But rather a way to "fix" a problem, or conserve that book for future generations. I am very interested in restoration, and the more I learn about it the more I accept it. While I would not buy many if any SA books to current in restored condition, it is very useful in adding quality GA material for future generations to enjoy.

Oh sweet Zeus doh!

Fixed that for ya lol

:banana:

I am checking my slabs on a daily basis to see which ones are turning to dust so I can finally figure out if the book was pressed :angel:

Oh sweet Zeus doh!

Fixed that for ya lol

:banana:

I am checking my slabs on a daily basis to see which ones are turning to dust so I can finally figure out if the book was pressed :angel:

I do not think pressing will ahve any effect on the books, the effect on the hobby is totally different discussion.