• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

Do you care if a comic has been pressed?  

1,227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

337 posts in this topic

Oh sweet Zeus doh!

Fixed that for ya lol

:banana:

I am checking my slabs on a daily basis to see which ones are turning to dust so I can finally figure out if the book was pressed :angel:

So that's why that happens. I thought it was spontaneous combustion.

Does anyone else see the dfference between restoration and preservation?
Conservation? Preserve would be to keep it's current state. Unless you mean restored vs. untouched?

Hard to explain but I will try.

Lets say you have a book and a piece is torn off. 1. you can get an expert to restore it and do their magic of whatever they do with fibre and glue and such or 2. you could just add a piece of tape. Wouldn't 1. be restoration and 2. preservation.

Oh sweet Zeus doh!

Fixed that for ya lol

:banana:

I am checking my slabs on a daily basis to see which ones are turning to dust so I can finally figure out if the book was pressed :angel:

So that's why that happens. I thought it was spontaneous combustion.

No, that is what happens from spicy lasagna

Conservation? Preserve would be to keep it's current state. Unless you mean restored vs. untouched?

Hard to explain but I will try.

Lets say you have a book and a piece is torn off. 1. you can get an expert to restore it and do their magic of whatever they do with fibre and glue and such or 2. you could just add a piece of tape. Wouldn't 1. be restoration and 2. preservation.

Tough to say. But the tape could be considered restoration if it were archival quality. Scotch tape, no.

Oh sweet Jesus doh!

Which way did he vote?

Jesus was way cool. He could've turned every comic book into a 10.0 if he wanted. Jesus was way cool.

He could have smote pressing threads, too.

Adam-Henry's

:roflmao:

I knew immediately what you were saying. You didn't have to say anything else.

(thumbs u

I'm just glad someone read my post - I figured it got lost in all the action this thread is getting.

-slym

Yes, but pressing isn't preservation. Preservation is when you do something so that the book stays in its current form; pressing is returning the book to a previous form. Pressing isn't conservation, either, as that's making a change to keep the book from getting even worse, such as by removing some acidic tape, or sealing a tear so that it doesn't keep getting worse.

I disagree. Pressing will have (most of the time) a big affect dollar wise :shy:

Awesome. I am going to press all my Moon Knight books!

Pressing will have (most of the time) a big affect dollar wise on valuable books.

Unless it's WWBN 32 I don't see the justification.

Yes, but pressing isn't preservation. Preservation is when you do something so that the book stays in its current form; pressing is returning the book to a previous form. Pressing isn't conservation, either, as that's making a change to keep the book from getting even worse, such as by removing some acidic tape, or sealing a tear so that it doesn't keep getting worse.

So....pressing is restoration. Correct?

I have to go do the dishes. Can you put this thread on hold for ten minutes so I don't have too much to catch up on?

I disagree. Pressing will have (most of the time) a big affect dollar wise :shy:

Awesome. I am going to press all my Moon Knight books!

Pressing will have (most of the time) a big affect dollar wise on valuable books.

Unless it's WWBN 32 I don't see the justification.

33 and marvel spotlight 28 and 29 thirty cent variants too.

Yes I would like to know if a comic has been pressed or not because we don't know the long term effects pressing has on comics.

may I ask who told you this???

Curious CAL hm