• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with hoarding?

198 posts in this topic

Miracleman :cloud9::cloud9:
DUDE! I am SOOOOO jealous!!! (worship) Are any of those 9.8? because if I were you I'd have any potential 9.8's certified A.S.A.P.! (That's how I've been doing it anyhow, & it's been paying off!! (thumbs u)

If they were 9.8's, they'd already be slabbed :)

Seeing that this has now turned into "show me your hoards", I figure I'd jump into the fray as well with some personal mini-hoards ...

hoard-sandman-1.jpg

You have by far the best hoards on the boards :cloud9:

...but where are your Hellblazers?

hb1s.jpg

Oh Good!

I see that I am not the only hoarder out there!!!

Now I would like to see a great GA or SA hoarde!!!

please reply CAL

Seeing that this has now turned into "show me your hoards", I figure I'd jump into the fray as well with some personal mini-hoards ...

hoard-sandman-1.jpg

You have by far the best hoards on the boards :cloud9:

...but where are your Hellblazers?

hb1s.jpg

I only have 4 - not enough for a hoard :sorry:

Oh Good!

I see that I am not the only hoarder out there!!!

Now I would like to see a great GA or SA hoarde!!!

please reply CAL

However, you take hoarding to a whole new extreme. :baiting:

Worthwhile comics, I'd have to say 5 is a hoard, how many High grade FF 48s can I guy really hoard? 5 is good in my book, as a lot...

--------------

i had 6 copies before the second FF movie. now i have one. it was not a book i specifically went after, it was just something I wound up getting every couple of years. that's why i think it needs to be well over 5 on most common books out there. none was better than a Fine though. 5 AF 15s is another story.

I don't think the number of comics alone is a distinction for hoarding. As someone said, you can buy 5+ comics off the shelf. To me, that's not hoarding. To me, hoarding is more of a mental state. A need to continue buying more and more copies.

I'd suggest that hoarding has more to do with the number of TIMES you buy the same book, not the number of COPIES.

I don't think the number of comics alone is a distinction for hoarding. As someone said, you can buy 5+ comics off the shelf. To me, that's not hoarding. To me, hoarding is more of a mental state. A need to continue buying more and more copies.

I'd suggest that hoarding has more to do with the number of TIMES you buy the same book, not the number of COPIES.

My goal is to have 3 copies of each book from Marvel Comics #1 to Marvel Mystery Comics #10.

Is that hoarding?

:banana: