• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice from the Board

14 posts in this topic

Okay, I need some advice.

I've recently acquired a couple of collections, and find myself with a whole bunch of books that I do not collect and have no room to store. So I was thinking of putting together a massive run of Marvels + DCs and putting them up for sale. I could sort through them and sell them off individually, but I really don't have the time or inclination to do that. Instead, I would rather pass them off to a dealer or collector who may want to flip them. To do so, I will be selling them at a considerably less then Guide percentage to leave room for the next guy to make a profit.

I sorted out all the real dregs (ex: the Heavy Hitters, Image comics, Independents, third rate Marvel + DC titles, etc), and tried to put only decent stuff into the lot.

Basically, its about 1,500 books, breaking down as follows:

- 250 Silver & Bronze books (roughly) with a lot of decent books. Example: Sgt. Fury # 1-10 in low to mid grade (alone worth $330 according to the Guide), ASM # 97 & 100 (both F+ to F/VF). Lots of decent 15 & 20 centers in the VG/F to F/F+ range.

Nothing really high grade, and only a couple in low grade.

- 250 Spider-Man & related titles. Most from late 80s to mid 90s. 90% VF/NM or better.

- 250 X-Men and related titles. Same as Spidey as far as time frame and condition. Some samples of books include: 5 copies each of Wolverine # 2 & # 4 (1988). Nothing earth shattering, but still decent books.

- 500 2nd tier Marvel titles (F.F., Iron Man, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Hulk, Avengers, etc.) Again, mostly VF/NM or better from late 80s to mid 90s.

- 250 DCs from the late 80s to mid 90s including the ever popular Knightfall and Death of Superman crapola.

So, based on this generic info, what do you think a good per issue average would be for this lot?

Why did you buy this collection? What was in it that you wanted?

Its actually three collections. One was a near complete run of Sgt. Furys I got from eBay. I took out the VF+ or better books for myself and put the rest aside. As for the other two "accumulations", they were both offered to me by some early 90s....er..."comic investors". (I can imagine JC snikering now. 27_laughing.gif)

Considering what I paid for them, its safe to say their investments didn't pan out. I kept what I wanted (again, just high grade stuff I collect) and the rest I'm looking to unload at a cheap price simply because I don't have that much invested.

I'm passing the savings on to the buyer. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. devil.gif

You could post on here or on kraftyscomics to see if anyone would be interested in them maybe? I'd be interested in several of the ones in the pic.

I've done the same thing recently - bought a "mixed lot" collection, and now that I've taken out what I wanted, I'm trying to figure what the heck to do with all the other stuff that I have no interest in whatsoever.