• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT ebay store experience

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I have the flu, mind altering medications, and time on my

hands, as the ball games don't start for an hour or so, and my

reserved seat on the big comfy couch is confirmed.....

My .com is up for renewal at the end of the month, and I was

kicking around the idea with the missuz, to sell it off, and

just set up an ebay store. I don't have time for the convention

circuit, I have over 700 long boxes of 99.99% schnitt, and I see

some traffic moving through a few of the BIN ebay stores.

Anyone here actually own, sell thru, or patronize one of these?

Maybe it's the flu...... sleeping.gif

Ok, I have the flu, mind altering medications, and time on my

hands, as the ball games don't start for an hour or so, and my

reserved seat on the big comfy couch is confirmed.....

My .com is up for renewal at the end of the month, and I was

kicking around the idea with the missuz, to sell it off, and

just set up an ebay store. I don't have time for the convention

circuit, I have over 700 long boxes of 99.99% schnitt, and I see

some traffic moving through a few of the BIN ebay stores.

Anyone here actually own, sell thru, or patronize one of these?

Maybe it's the flu...... sleeping.gif

You have about 250,000 comics?

In my opinion, the key to opening an eBay store is to access eBay's huge clientbase and then shift some of those recurring clients off the eBay site onto your own Website. (To save on the listing and final value fees.) You can't advertise your offline site in the auction listings, but you can host your photos there (and list your off-eBay site on your Profiles page.)

If you don't have time for the convention circuit, you should also consider if you have time to essentially set up an operation that can package and ship all your eBay orders (assuming you're running dozens of auctions at any one time). That involves buying/scavenging shipping boxes and packing filler, packaging tape, a postal scale, setting up an shipping discounts, etc.

It takes me about ten-fifteen minutes to package up a comic shipment so imagine packing up a dozen auctions.

To sckao's point... it takes forever to deal with packing, shipping, and straightening out people who NEVER seem to read the descriptions and terms of payment.

Ebay should offer an advanced service where the only people allowed to bid are those who prove they can read and handle simple human tasks. But I guess that would severely limit the market.

Sorry for the cynicism, but I'm a bit frustrated by my recent round of auctions. Basically drives me crazy filling 50 orders over the course of a week, checks, cash, money orders, insurance, paypal, overseas... blah blah. Bottom line, you better have an amazing system if you hope to sell that volume.

Best of luck,

Nesta