• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I say without a doubt. That is extremely shady. Several people thought they had the book reserved for them and then did not buy another one from other sellers when it came available because they already had one. Now they do not have one at all. :pullhair:

(thumbs u

Not to mention that he has some still available at a much higher price on eBay that he could use to honor sales to members that claimed them in his sales thread. :eek:

Is this eligible for probation?

from seller @ 10:41 pm

Still Want 2 copies ?

It will be $70 + $10 shipping $80

My paypál is *********

from me @ 10:44

Yup yup I'll send money tomorrow thanks

from seller @12:59 am

Man i sorry but i cant keep your books until tomorrow , people are asking me for copies and are paying me $40 now..

From seller @ 2:01 am

Sorry man i ran out off copies

has removed them self from this topic.

sent to seller

I will be nominating you for the probation list after the 30 period has passed, you broke most of the selling rules and resold books i had [takeit] plus had same books on ebay that you were selling here.

[

Based on the sales thread the seller said he would pm folks to finalize deals on the additional seven copies. He pmed you to finish the deal. You said you would pay later. He said he couldn't wait. Personally I think that is screwy, but technically the deal doesn't appear to be consummated since both parties haven't agreed to all the terms. He didn't say he wouldn't sell, or take your money and then not sell or send. He said he couldn't wait. You had the opportunity to send money then and didn't, or couldn't. So not probation worthy in my opinion. But it is a ridiculous policy on the part of the seller and certainly a big reason for the butthurt.

Borderline. Seller appeared to agree to the sale and then two hours later objected to having to wait a day for payment. Proceeded to sell the books about an hour later (if I understand the timeline). Given the request for immediate payment appears to have occurred at 1 am, the buyer wasn't really given a chance to comply with the request.

Did the seller require immediate payment in the TOS in his sales thread? If not, then I think his behavior was out of line. Probation worthy, though? I'm not sure.

I am selling 4 copies

$40 each copy or $35 two or more copies

Shipping $10 1 or two copies , $12 - 3 copies - $15 - 4 copies

Rules

- No people in negative lists

- Paypal

- If you are interested use [takeit] and PM

More copies were added to sales thread after the 1st 4 sold

If the terms of the thread clearly said payment must be made within xyz amount of time I don't see a problem with reneging on peoples takeit and pay later request. I'm guessing however that isn't the case.

While I understand your frustrstion OldShady, I think you should give the OP some time to correct this.

I believe he did mark you as a ^^ in the sales thread, so he should try and honor that for the better of the board, his rep and your satisfaction.

He's probably still at the convention today and let's see what happens when he sees some of the discussion regarding your transaction.

I would like to believe that he will make your order complete.

*on a side note, I know English is not his first language so that might be a reason for the limited info on his sales thread.

Not using this as an excuse but giving a potential reason for some of the miscommunication.

:wishluck:

In other words, give him time to realize his reputation here is worth more than $10

After all, he did state others were willing to pay him $40 each, instead of the $35 each that he billed Old Shady for. That's what this is all about.

In other words, give him time to realize his reputation here is worth more than $10

After all, he did state others were willing to pay him $40 each, instead of the $35 each that he billed Old Shady for. That's what this is all about.

I'm not going to into an argument about intent especially about someone I don't know. Just trying to give OldShady some hope and trying to eliminate what tends to happen when issues like this come up - disaster - when there's room for some resolution

I am selling 4 copies

$40 each copy or $35 two or more copies

Shipping $10 1 or two copies , $12 - 3 copies - $15 - 4 copies

Rules

- No people in negative lists

- Paypal

- If you are interested use [takeit] and PM

More copies were added to sales thread after the 1st 4 sold

If the terms of the thread clearly said payment must be made within xyz amount of time I don't see a problem with reneging on peoples takeit and pay later request. I'm guessing however that isn't the case.

All true...but since this is a probation discussion, and the rules must be sticklered both ways (since we are sticklers for rules around here), those first four copies were all sold. The copies you are having a problem with were these...

7 copies , an probably more later if use my ebay stash ...

Same rules please PM if you are interesting . I cant send you more than 5 copies ..

For these copies he did say "PM if you are interesting" (i assume that is supposed to be interested, otherwise those would be some arrogant messages). So the PM would have to take precedence, and the sale would have to completed via PM. Your sale was never completed.

Furthermore, since you are saying he violated rules prohibiting sales of books listed here and on Ebay, yet you are fully aware that the books you are trying to purchase were those same books, it kind of negates your argument. You can't have it both ways.

I hope all works out. I have not had dealing with this seller. I hope he come through to those who are part of the sale thread or those who agreement were made for the sale of this item. it does not make him look good when he say I am out / all sold out. Yet his ebay listing say other !!

Best to all

Has anyone interacted with Flash105 since his sales thread in January?

I bought from him and have been trying to consummate the deal ever since. PMs have gone unread.

He's not a new member, just one that comes and goes with some gaps in time...

Anyone?

Okay, here we go with my first nominees...

Grandmaster619

Last December he was selling off his collection on the boards due to financial troubles. Against my better judgement at the time, and trying to help a fellow boardie out, I purchased an Iron Man 1 CGC 7.0 signed by Stan Lee. I even gave Grandmaster619 the option of buying it back when he was in a better place financially. I also bought some Heroclix and DVDs from him.

I never received my items even after send PMs that went unread and e-mails. I even sent messages via eBay to him and his wife hoping I could get some sort of answer. Nada. I filed a PayPal claim and gave Grandmaster619 plenty of time to straighten it all out.

I finally was forced to file a dispute and had to wait for nearly $600 to be refunded to me. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. I believe I am not alone in terms of people not receiving their purchases from Grandmaster619. Hall of Shame as far I'm concerned.

Next...

TheMightyJohn

He offered a Nexus tablet on the boards and I sent an offer at the end of january. the offer was accepted on 02/05/14. the following day he said he was setting up a Paypal account and I could wait for that or pay him with a check/MO. I opted to wait and pay via PayPal.

TheMightyJohn let me know on 02/11/14 that his new PayPal account was up after I asked about it. His PM to me was, "I will get everything ready to go and have it in the mail to you tomorrow. With extra comics of course". I paid the following day on 02/12 with PayPal.

After not receiving a PM or the tablet, I sent a message advising I had not received the tablet and asked for a tracking number. The message was read, and I received no response.

On 03/12/14 I sent the following PM: "I need to hear from you soon. I've been having bad luck with boardies lately and if I do not hear from you by Friday evening I'm going to file a claim with PayPal. "

I received this as a response after I filed a claim with PayPal - my money was refunded by TheMightyJohn:

145739.png.9af26e25b15c46d3413ea95cadbe1984.png

What the heck is wrong with people? If you make a deal, stick to it. I just don't get it.

I don't get it either, especially in the case of Grandmaster where several people gave him the option to buy back what he sold - I told him I'd sell back at the price I bought with zero interest, and yet... meh

In the case of TheMightyJohn I get the impression that filing the PP claim forced him into refunding my money, otherwise I'd likely not have heard back from him.

Folks, if you're in the middle of a deal and you have something going on, do the courteous thing and let people know what is going on. Seriously, how hard is it to send or reply to a PM - really.

How hard can it be (shrug)

I would never dream of entering into a deal where I was so committed financially that something cropping up would have me on the back foot.

1. You should save the money up first and have it in hand before you do the deal.

2. If you are selling, make sure you have the item and when someone pays for it, send it FFS, it is theirs now not yours :makepoint:

3. If for whatever reason you do end up over committed or lose the item you are selling, talk to your buyer/seller, let them know whats going on.

Half the battle is not understanding what went wrong with the deal, thats what winds people up the most it seems to me.

Easy eh!

Purchase an Infinity Gauntlet #1 from TheMightyJohn on (1-7) and he was getting it signed and graded by Mr. Perez

Last message I got was "Been sitting as graded since Tuesday. Just waiting for them to ship" that was on (2-16)

I left two messages, one he read and never answered, the second shows he never read it.

I just tried to file a Paypal dispute and I'm to late, it's been over the 45 day limit. I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt and was hoping he came through.

not sure what else I can do

Edited by ComicBookQuest

Purchase an Infinity Gauntlet #1 from TheMightyJohn on (1-7) and he was getting it signed and graded by Mr. Perez

Last message I got was "Been sitting as graded since Tuesday. Just waiting for them to ship" that was on (2-16)

I left two messages, one he read and never answered, the second shows he never read it.

I just tried to file a Paypal dispute and I'm to late, it's been over the 45 day limit. I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt and was hoping he came through.

not sure what else I can do

Try sending him an e-mail and see what happens. Hopefully he does the right thing. :wishluck:

Oddly enough, someone pointed out that TMJ was the spearhead in trying to get Menace adding to the HOS for a long delay in not sending something out. How about that :/