• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

3/28/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Are you the Probation Nazi poke2.gif NO COMIC BOOKS FOR YOU COME BACK ONE YEAR. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Actually no, anyone is welcome to update the daily update . . . let's try to keep the basic format, though.

angel.gif

Sure I see a good deal and try to buy when the funds aren't always available, but I make sure to let the buyer know.

Seriously bad form...if you don't have the money immediately available to buy, refrain from using the takeit.gif. It's not a hard concept. Sellers shouldn't have to wait for you to get your finances straight...

Jim

Sure I see a good deal and try to buy when the funds aren't always available, but I make sure to let the buyer know.

Seriously bad form...if you don't have the money immediately available to buy, refrain from using the takeit.gif. It's not a hard concept. Sellers shouldn't have to wait for you to get your finances straight...

Jim

A couple of days is one thing, but a month...... screwy.gif

I've entered into agreements with both buyers and sellers to delay payment for up to a couple of weeks for books, but these were always clearly defined agreements that were made via PM or e-mail and the deals were always agreed on and honored by both parties.

Jim

Sometimes I think it does well for common courtesy. Centaurman let me do time payments on a book, because I couldn't pass up on it due to the overwhelming good deal. My budget is small so it helps out a lot.

Jim

Sometimes I think it does well for common courtesy. Centaurman let me do time payments on a book, because I couldn't pass up on it due to the overwhelming good deal. My budget is small so it helps out a lot.

The difference is that I'm sure Centaurman knew that you wanted to do time payments up front. Time payments are a beautiful thing... yay.gif

I know that I’m new here but wouldn’t be better to make arrangements with the forum moderators to ban someone if they don’t pay then to put there name up and start a flaming war. I think that if they get banned from the forum that would hurt them more than a list. It’s never good to air dirty laundry.

Just my 2 cents

I know that I’m new here but wouldn’t be better to make arrangements with the forum moderators to ban someone if they don’t pay then to put there name up and start a flaming war. I think that if they get banned from the forum that would hurt them more than a list. It’s never good to air dirty laundry.

Just my 2 cents

That would be good to see, but the mods have made it clear that they take no responsibilities for forum dealings and there is a whole bunch of "Buyer Beware" language included. When it comes to transactions, the mods consider them off limits.

Chris

I think that if they get banned from the forum that would hurt them more than a list.

Magari! We have no power to ban other members, but we can alert others of those with "bad habits". We're not trying to "hurt" anyone btw, people have to be responsible for their own actions. grin.gif

Time payments and PM'd arrangements are a usual for me. I'm making TPs on a FF #1 and on some books Nick (Flaming Telepath) has sold to me. I have yet to miss a deadline. I try to pay things off BEFORE the agreed upon deadline. I HAVE backed out on a few books that I originally intended to buy from October & drbanner. I offered to pay some form of restitution about it, but when I explained the reason, they were more than understanding. I still bought books from them, but not the ones I had originally intended. I feel good communication prevented any hard feelings (at least I HOPE so!)

Time payments and PM'd arrangements are a usual for me. I'm making TPs on a FF #1 and on some books Nick (Flaming Telepath) has sold to me. I have yet to miss a deadline. I try to pay things off BEFORE the agreed upon deadline. I HAVE backed out on a few books that I originally intended to buy from October & drbanner. I offered to pay some form of restitution about it, but when I explained the reason, they were more than understanding. I still bought books from them, but not the ones I had originally intended. I feel good communication prevented any hard feelings (at least I HOPE so!)

I have to say that I have no problem in principle with delayed payments...just so long as agreement has been reached BEFORE a public signal of purchase is made.

PM me, tell me your circs and I'm sure we can work things out. THEN go and post the takeit.gif

And as an aside, Thomas has been 1st rate. thumbsup2.gif

I have to say that I have no problem in principle with delayed payments...just so long as agreement has been reached BEFORE a public signal of purchase is made.

PM me, tell me your circs and I'm sure we can work things out. THEN go and post the takeit.gif

Well that's the key isn't it? Let the seller know beforehand. But in my book, if you hit the takeit.gif and haven't notified me beforehand you don't have the money available then you are wrong, plain and simple...

Letting your mouse clicker get ahead of your actual ability to pay promptly is a bad habit to get into...

Jim

Well that's the key isn't it? Let the seller know beforehand. But in my book, if you hit the takeit.gif and haven't notified me beforehand you don't have the money available then you are wrong, plain and simple...

Letting your mouse clicker get ahead of your actual ability to pay promptly is a bad habit to get into...

Jim

Absolutely. NEVER, EVER, EVER post the takeit.gif without having the money in pocket, or a plan in place with the seller.

The problem with this place is that, especially to the newbie, it's like being let loose in a sweet shop. So many lovely books, nice people to deal with, nothing in the way of repercusions...some people go frickin' mad and when the haze finally clears, they finally realise that they are unable to meet their obligations.

Absolutely. NEVER, EVER, EVER post the takeit.gif without having the money in pocket, or a plan in place with the seller.

The problem with this place is that, especially to the newbie, it's like being let loose in a sweet shop. So many lovely books, nice people to deal with, nothing in the way of repercusions...some people go frickin' mad and when the haze finally clears, they finally realise that they are unable to meet their obligations.

Nick.. I don't see how you could encounter this problem after selling a 1,000 ( + or - ) books in the last month or two.. confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gifpoke2.gif