• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

Sometimes things go wrong and that's understandable. I think the reason you haven't seen your name in this thread is because you communicated with the sellers and handled the situation like an adult.

Communication, communication, communication!.

*spoon* happens and as long as your honest and explain your situation in a timely manner, there should be no mud-slinging. I've had non-payers and late payers and as long a I'm aware of what's in their head, I'm fine.

It's the blatant non-payers, liars, string-alongers we need to out here. Honest mistakes or unforseen financial hardships are forgivable. This is not ebay and we should strive to be better than ebay.

Communication, communication, communication!.

*spoon* happens and as long as your honest and explain your situation in a timely manner, there should be no mud-slinging. I've had non-payers and late payers and as long a I'm aware of what's in their head, I'm fine.

It's the blatant non-payers, liars, string-alongers we need to out here. Honest mistakes or unforseen financial hardships are forgivable. This is not ebay and we should strive to be better than ebay.

thumbsup2.gif

Hey Fay, hi.gif we're all good -- as I explained in my PMs, they're only funny books and real life has to come first. I wouldn't WANT you to buy the book if you're in a bind and would have felt bad if you thought you had to put yourself between a rock and a hard place over a comic book.

It should be clear that "outing" a non-paying buyer should be done as a last resort when there's clearly been a breach of trust or a flat out abuse of the takeit.gif.

It's one thing to say you'll buy something and then blow somebody off -- that's an "outable" offense. It's another entirely to want to buy something and then have a family (or pet) crisis divert the funds away. Real life takes precedence over the purchase of a comic book, no ifs, ands, or buts.

I would never hold a grudge against someobody putting their pets before their comics. We have 3 great danes have probably spent more money on their health care than our own... 27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif

It was all looking like my plans would work out with Jeffro and Rhino and then my dear cat had another bout with her urinary track infection and several trips later to the vets I realized both purchases would be really leaving me short. I sent PMs to both of these classy gentlemen who agreed to accept my late payments and told them to either forget about me or with Rhino (I hope) that I could purchase the book in a month or so only if he still had it and not to pass up a sale on my account.

If either of you are reading this, I'm sorry I wasted some of your time and will try my hardest never to let this happen again. I'm not sure if I deserve to be on the probation list for this screw-up and I swear on Spidey's life that I wasn't stringing them along or intentionally wasting their time.

Aww come on, Fay's time here has been hazing-free. Let's give her the treatment! devil.gif

Bring it on , I deserve it tonofbricks.gif and I've got thick skin from working over 20 years in a male dominated industry on the Vancouver waterfront working with the odd animal or hoolligan longshoreman who would make some of you look like choir boys. 27_laughing.gif

But please be nice hazing me. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Aww come on, Fay's time here has been hazing-free. Let's give her the treatment! devil.gif

Bring it on , I deserve it tonofbricks.gif and I've got thick skin from working over 20 years in a male dominated industry on the Vancouver waterfront working with the odd animal or hoolligan longshoreman who would make some of you look like choir boys. 27_laughing.gif

I was only funnin'.

And now I'm guilty of dragging a worthwhile thread OT. sorry.gif

I was only funnin'.

And now I'm guilty of dragging a worthwhile thread OT. sorry.gif

I was only kidding and knew you were too. 27_laughing.gif I do feel bad both sales did

fall through or hopefully one is just temporarily postponed.

flowerred.gif

Just getting my two cents in...

Fay has bought loads of books off me, mostly ebay. Always unfailingly polite, pleasant and ontime with the pay.

Rock on Fay!

Shep

PS... frankly, this whole 'Probation' thread thing strikes me as a little - I dunno - kind of petty. (I know I'll take sh*t for this opinion.)

Yeah, there are some *spoon* out there. But aren't we all big enough to deal with these things privately? I've had some deals go bad on me, and certainly I've been guilty of not getting some packages out on time sometimes. But everyone has always been mature and patient enough (on both sides) to work things out so everyone stays happy. And if someone really burned me... well, I would just choose not to deal with them again.

Just my two cents.

<snip>......It was all looking like my plans would work out with Jeffro and Rhino and.....<snip>

I never had any intention of putting you on the list Fay. As has already been said in this thread, life happens. It's happened to all of us at one time or another. You were honest and forthright with me and I appreciate that.

No harm, no foul. flowerred.gif

Oh yeah, I still have those books. poke2.gifwink.gif

Uh...you're happy with the trade we had right?

Para, you were awesome!! Totally happy. thumbsup2.gif

Can you add me to the Probation thread anyway? I'm spending too much here and need someone to cut me off from my addiction.

j/k, wait to you see what I just bought off Filter, it will be added into the Paratrooper thread later. It will blow your socks off.

Can you add me to the Probation thread anyway? I'm spending too much here and need someone to cut me off from my addiction.

I seriously had this same thought myself . . . grin.gif I've asked Arch to customize my log-in to remove the takeit.gif graemlin insane.gif

PS... frankly, this whole 'Probation' thread thing strikes me as a little - I dunno - kind of petty. (I know I'll take sh*t for this opinion.)

Yeah, there are some *spoon* out there. But aren't we all big enough to deal with these things privately? I've had some deals go bad on me, and certainly I've been guilty of not getting some packages out on time sometimes. But everyone has always been mature and patient enough (on both sides) to work things out so everyone stays happy. And if someone really burned me... well, I would just choose not to deal with them again.

Just my two cents.

I will give you no *spoon* for this...it is a mature approach to things that, if everyone shared it, all sellers would be honest and all buyers would pay on time.

However, there needs to be a place like this for 2 reasons:

1) to help other people make informed decisions in their dealings

and

2) to vent the frustration of a deal gone bad when there may be no other outlet.

Depression is Rage turned inward..... yay.gif

Chris

j/k, wait to you see what I just bought off Filter, it will be added into the Paratrooper thread later. It will blow your socks off.

I'm not wearing socks at the moment. Does that mean it will blow my feet off???? Having no feet would be a hassle. I'd better get some socks on.

Steve,

I agree completely, but let's not turn this into another "pet story" thread . . . we love them, yes, but not here . . . grin.gif

-d

Don't worry Divad, I won't turn your beloved personal crusade thread into a beloved pet story thread. makepoint.gif

I was only 'splaining that Fay's situation is well understood and trying to allay her fears of reprisal. She was concerned and I was trying to show empathy. confused-smiley-013.gif

And now back to your regularly scheduled witch hunt!!