• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

is it just me, or is he obsessed with getting those Heroes Inc comic returned to him as a contingency towards any sort of restitution? (shrug)

Well they are the ONLY thing worth anything in the boxes. I only got a eleven of those, so I figure my box is worth 11 dollars!

hmm, I have 105 of them, plus those silly History of Electronics books, funny how their number seems to coincide with the sum of the refund offered for the damaged books, but only IF I return the Heroes and anything else that was more than 5 per box "undamaged". hm

Just sue him already. Get the five or so people together who were defrauded, send the info off to your lawyer's office and begin the process of forcibly having your money returned. Or call your CC company. Or file a paypal dispute.

At some point, you're going to have to go over his head, since he's apparently in no position to be able to return everyone's money to them

Please present the award to me in person, I would love to see you personally hand it over to me. Big man over the web, probably the only extent of being big that you have ever been recognized at.

Oh my god, what an honor, Sergio has won, it is true, he won!

award_21245209510.jpg

If, say, 80% of the people in a given situation perceive you as a d-bag, then it may be time to re-calibrate your perception of the issue.

But really...just get him on the probation list and take it off the boards. I for one and tired of reading abouit in multiple forums.

I'm tired of it too. However, we CANNOT get him on the probation list because scamming isn't one of the reasons that could get him there. Also, people need to know what's going on. I haven't posted anything about this in any other threads since this thread was started unless it was a simple response to something someone else posted. I agree that all things comicseekers should be in THIS thread, that way if you don't wanna read about it, then don't read this thread.

Please present the award to me in person, I would love to see you personally hand it over to me. Big man over the web, probably the only extent of being big that you have ever been recognized at.

Oh my god, what an honor, Sergio has won, it is true, he won!

award_21245209510.jpg

If, say, 80% of the people in a given situation perceive you as a d-bag, then it may be time to re-calibrate your perception of the issue.

:signfunny:

I'm tired of it too. However, we CANNOT get him on the probation list because scamming isn't one of the reasons that could get him there.

The list is an open list just repost it and put him on there, it's not like nobody wouldn't know why. Jesus the worst he can do is try to remove himself like CAP Freak did... several times :roflmao:

But really...just get him on the probation list and take it off the boards. I for one and tired of reading abouit in multiple forums.

I'm tired of it too. However, we CANNOT get him on the probation list because scamming isn't one of the reasons that could get him there. Also, people need to know what's going on. I haven't posted anything about this in any other threads since this thread was started unless it was a simple response to something someone else posted. I agree that all things comicseekers should be in THIS thread, that way if you don't wanna read about it, then don't read this thread.

I can't avoid the *spoon*. The level of indignation in the forums is downright chewy.

Quit bumping the threads.

And I seem to recall Divad did agree it was a probation list worthy offense. So put his name on the damn list and move the *spoon* on.

I can't avoid the *spoon*. The level of indignation in the forums is downright chewy.

And I seem to recall Divad did agree it was a probation list worthy offense. So put his name on the damn list and move the *spoon* on.

I've added Sergio to the probation list until this is resolved as you suggested. (Appreciate it.) I was told earlier that this was NOT a probation offense, and being a relatively new boardie I didn't argue. I don't really see anything wrong with this thread, the Cap_Freak thing seemed much worse and I'm certainly not the ONLY one bumping it. (Not that it should matter, it is a thread that I started after all...) I appreciate that you're tired of it, just imagine how tired the guys that lost 600 bucks on this scam are. No interest in off fellow boardies with this, but this is a public forum, right? (shrug)

Own up Sergio...Face it you ARE a douchbag PLAIN and simple..You mislead people intentionally and stole there money,,

someone pull the plug on this already!!

O thats right you have a great rep on here .twice on the probation list is frickin awesome!! lol

What a joke you are!!

I've added Sergio to the probation list until this is resolved as you suggested. (Appreciate it.) I was told earlier that this was NOT a probation offense, and being a relatively new boardie I didn't argue. I don't really see anything wrong with this thread, the Cap_Freak thing seemed much worse and I'm certainly not the ONLY one bumping it. (Not that it should matter, it is a thread that I started after all...) I appreciate that you're tired of it, just imagine how tired the guys that lost 600 bucks on this scam are. No interest in off fellow boardies with this, but this is a public forum, right? (shrug)

It is a public forum and the above is just my opinion. I admit im in a rather surly mood this morning so I maybe coming off as a *spoon*head...so for that I apologize.

I am, however, getting tired of reading about and feel we are missing out on some good conversation related to comics. I just would like to see the issue go away and possibly settled our of the forum eyes.

Own up Sergio...Face it you ARE a douchbag PLAIN and simple..You mislead people intentionally and stole there money,,

O thats right you have a great rep on here .twice on the probation list is frickin awesome!! lol

What a joke you are!!

their

It is a public forum and the above is just my opinion. I admit im in a rather surly mood this morning so I maybe coming off as a *spoon*head...so for that I apologize.

I am, however, getting tired of reading about and feel we are missing out on some good conversation related to comics. I just would like to see the issue go away and possibly settled our of the forum eyes.

I'm with you bro', I totally agree. I have shared this almost exact same sentiment with Sergio. Comics really haven't been fun for me since this all happened, and my preference is for this to all go away, so I can get back to the fun side of this hobby. Buying and selling books.

What I won't do is totally drop this without a resolution and let Sergio bilk someone else. Right now, he ain't talking, other than an occasional whine on this thread about how he's being mistreated.

That's why I said to go ahead and sue already. Not because I'm any more tired of reading about this deal than anything else. Rather, because he's dragging his feet for whatever reason and I doubt at this point you will be able to convince him to do the right thing, so get what you can when you can.

What a joke you are!!

their

:roflmao: Stop it man you're killing me

I'm with you bro', I totally agree. I have shared this almost exact same sentiment with Sergio. Comics really haven't been fun for me since this all happened, and my preference is for this to all go away, so I can get back to the fun side of this hobby. Buying and selling books.

What I won't do is totally drop this without a resolution and let Sergio bilk someone else. Right now, he ain't talking, other than an occasional whine on this thread about how he's being mistreated.

Divad agreed to put him on the Probation list 30 days after payment was sent. That seems reasonable, to give Sergio a chance to make amends. Once Divad said that, it got Sergio's attention and he started contacting people, or at least some people, again. I think this thread has value to other that are involved so we can compare notes, as it is some are sending PM's to each other, but this is the most efficient way to keep everyone affected on the same page. Ultimately, each individual will decide what's acceptable to them. I've told Sergio what I would find acceptable. By percentage of total cost, he's actually making more off me than most, but it's also a larger total sum that most since I had 4 boxes. I'm kinda perplexed he hasn't jumped at it, and is still haggling with me trying to basically buy back the Heroes Inc and disguising it as a refund.

Others that got their boxes delivered late may only now be ready to weigh in on this subject, and only our collective efforts will: a) reveal the extent of the misrepresentation of products sold and b) exert PUBLIC pressure on Sergio to avoid the probation list, since it has been a large source of revenue for him. That's my sole objective. I'm not going to name-call, cast aspersions, taunt or be taunted, simply stick to the facts until it is resolved to the satisfaction of board members and said resolution is publicly acknowledged for the benefit of other board members to make an informed decision about who to do business with here. Yeah, that ain't much fun, kinda takes the fun out of buying and selling, but once it's water under the bridge we can get back to normal geek pursuits! :headbang:

Comicseekers_poll.jpg

So the results on the poll were quite interesting. 85% of 71 voters wanted some action to be taken, with 48% leaning towards banning.

Why is it we can ban someone due to personal relationship decisions, but with this poll result we cannot ban someone for potential scamming?

Sounds like we are taking the teeth out of protecting ourselves where other venues would give you more firepower.

So the results on the poll were quite interesting.

Why is it we can ban someone due to personal relationship decisions, but with this poll result we cannot ban someone for potential scamming?

Sounds like we are taking the teeth out of protecting ourselves where other venues would give you more firepower.

Nobody was banned due to personal relationship decisions, they just limped away. :grin: