• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

Nobody was banned due to personal relationship decisions, they just limped away. :grin:

Thanks David! Now that is a different situation then.

So why can't we change the Hall of Fame/Probation rules to fit the needs of the times, and ensure we provide ourselves the protection necessary?

I think enough folks were burned in this one sale, a number of us should take a hard look at how we are handling these situations and see what is fair and reasonable.

But if Comicseekers comes through and resolves the situation to the buyers' satisfaction, that part will be done and over with. It still opened the door to how ugly future situations could get if not resolved.

So why can't we change the Hall of Fame/Probation rules to fit the needs of the times, and ensure we provide ourselves the protection necessary?

I suggest using a condom . . . :acclaim:

Nobody was banned due to personal relationship decisions, they just limped away. :grin:

I think enough folks were burned in this situation, a number of us should take a hard look at how we are handling these situations and see what is fair and reasonable.

But if Comicseekers comes through and resolves the situation to the buyers' satisfaction, that part will be done and over with. It still opened the door to how ugly future situations could get if not resolved.

wouldn't it be best if one person was named to finalize the action? maybe have a small group of 3 underneath the ultimate decision maker (so there would have to be a slight majority on the issue) that way it truly isn't one person making the ultimate decision on the accused fate?

what about having the whole strike thing translated to sales?

just a few ideas

j

I suggest using a condom . . . :acclaim:

lol

You nut.

Comicseekers_poll.jpg

So the results on the poll were quite interesting. 85% of 71 voters wanted some action to be taken, with 48% leaning towards banning.

Why is it we can ban someone due to personal relationship decisions, but with this poll result we cannot ban someone for potential scamming?

Sounds like we are taking the teeth out of protecting ourselves where other venues would give you more firepower.

Uh, banning is still a minority opinion btw :whistle:

So the results on the poll were quite interesting.

Why is it we can ban someone due to personal relationship decisions, but with this poll result we cannot ban someone for potential scamming?

Sounds like we are taking the teeth out of protecting ourselves where other venues would give you more firepower.

Actually, I think Arch forced a sabbatical on D&S and Deedee due to the too-much-drama factor disrupting the boards and requiring constant moderation. No way to know if the sabbatical became permanent, or if as you say the parties involved decided to take their antics somewhere else.

In any case, "we" did no banning-- it was a decision by the moderators. And I'd advise that no one pester Arch about trying to ban comicseekers-- once the marketplace is seen as just creating trouble and/or work for our hosts, it could very well go away...

I think enough folks were burned in this situation, a number of us should take a hard look at how we are handling these situations and see what is fair and reasonable.

wouldn't it be best if one person was named to finalize the action? maybe have a small group of 3 underneath the ultimate decision maker (so there would have to be a slight majority on the issue) that way it truly isn't one person making the ultimate decision on the accused fate?

what about having the whole strike thing translated to sales?

just a few ideas

j

We are only guests here, we do not set up the rules and run the forums. We are allowed to make suggestions that are occasionally indulged by the Mods. :grin:

Comicseekers_poll.jpg

So the results on the poll were quite interesting. 85% of 71 voters wanted some action to be taken, with 48% leaning towards banning.

Uh, banning is still a minority opinion btw :whistle:

Banning is still the leading result of the poll, but some action overall is the 85% result. So he should at least go on the Probation list if this is not resolved, and only taken off once all buyers agree, right?

Although, I think you already determined he has 30 days from the transaction to make things right, which would be around July 11, correct?

I have contacted each and every buyer that is upset and have offered them a full refund or fair credit. NOW, the member who started THIS BASHING SENDS ME THIS!

This is the reason why I initially got RED FLAGS, and this is also the member who STARTED the ACCUSATIONS of moldy comics!

I offered POE a FULL REFUND and this is his response:

At the end of last week I had decided I probably wasn't going to see any money back so I put the stack of moisture damaged books I had separated out in the garbage. Based on their appearance and the smell I didn't want them at my home. Another stack, though not moisture damaged, were in such bad shape that I gave them away to my neighbors kids on Sunday. I won't ask for those back.

I think you'll find others are in the same position. I know for a fact from pm conversations as well as some of the public posts made by others that they also can't return the boxes as received. Some threw books out also. Some sorted them and I know from conversations with others that at least one person sorted out what they thought was worth keeping and bagged/boarded those books.

I also think at this point you'll find people are hesitant to ship the books back to you without being reimbursed first. The worry is they will be out the return shipping charges on top of everything else if you fail to make good.

I really think the refund I outlined earlier is the easiest, fairest and quickest way to bring this all to a close.

My response to POE:

So now you think that I should refund your money without having my books in hand? And you state that you cannot return them back to me because you gave them away?

Now that I cannot do. I am sorry but I need my items in hand before issueing the refund. People know full well that once the item is returned and paypal verifies that it has been delivered back to the seller via tracking then a refund must be processed.

As soon as I receive ALL the comics back I will issue the $150 refund!

Sergio

So now he got rid of all the comics and wants a $75 refund of the $150 that he paid. That is fair?

So the results on the poll were quite interesting.

Actually, I think Arch forced a sabbatical on D&S and Deedee due to the too-much-drama factor disrupting the boards and requiring constant moderation. No way to know if the sabbatical became permanent, or if as you say the parties involved decided to take their antics somewhere else.

In any case, "we" did no banning-- it was a decision by the moderators. And I'd advise that no one pester Arch about trying to ban comicseekers-- once the marketplace is seen as just creating trouble and/or work for our hosts, it could very well go away...

Finally, a clear and concise statement of the facts... (thumbs u

To reiterate; No One bans anyone from these boards except the Mod's.

And if that sort of action is pursued with them over the Forum selling threads, we might not like the outcome...

Putting someone on the probation list is a different story and so far we've been allowed to use that to help police ourselves...

I have contacted each and every buyer that is upset and have offered them a full refund or fair credit. NOW, the member who started THIS BASHING SENDS ME THIS!

This is the reason why I initially got RED FLAGS, and this is also the member who STARTED the ACCUSATIONS of moldy comics!

At the end of last week I had decided I probably wasn't going to see any money back so I put the stack of moisture damaged books I had separated out in the garbage. Based on their appearance and the smell I didn't want them at my home. Another stack, though not moisture damaged, were in such bad shape that I gave them away to my neighbors kids on Sunday. I won't ask for those back.

I think you'll find others are in the same position. I know for a fact from pm conversations as well as some of the public posts made by others that they also can't return the boxes as received. Some threw books out also. Some sorted them and I know from conversations with others that at least one person sorted out what they thought was worth keeping and bagged/boarded those books.

I also think at this point you'll find people are hesitant to ship the books back to you without being reimbursed first. The worry is they will be out the return shipping charges on top of everything else if you fail to make good.

I really think the refund I outlined earlier is the easiest, fairest and quickest way to bring this all to a close.

My response to POE:

So now you think that I should refund your money without having my books in hand? And you state that you cannot return them back to me because you gave them away?

Now that I cannot do. I am sorry but I need my items in hand before issueing the refund. People know full well that once the item is returned and paypal verifies that it has been delivered back to the seller via tracking then a refund must be processed.

Sergio

So now he got rid of all the comics and wants a $75 refund of the $150 that he paid. That is fair?

He got rid of the books, means he's SOL in my opinion. He has zero room to complain at this point.

My response to POE:

Sergio

He got rid of the books, means he's SOL in my opinion. He has zero room to complain at this point.

Absolutely (thumbs u