• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

Fair enough. Case closed for me. What we can all get from this thread is, Sergio is a Liar and a Cheat and for all intensive purposes a very bad speller...

Dear CGC Mods,

MLMEADE among other members has been slandering my name all over the boards! I sold long white boxes of Bronze Issues that I purchased from Adam "FILTER" and then sold them on these boards due to hardship.

I have never and would never deceive anyone on this board, please refer to my feedback. I sold 18 boxes on these boards of which I received positive Kudo's from other members.

I have been reading slandering comments from MLMEADE, MYNAMEISLEGION, POE.. which has started a lynching from other board members who have not purchased the books.

I have repeatedly asked the buyers who are unhappy with the purchase to post pictures of all the comics that they stated were "WATERDAMAGED" and they have NOT.

MLMEADE posted pictures of 10 comics which had string indentations due to distributor packing and 1 which did have water damage. I admit that I may have missed a handful of the 5000+ that I packed. I offered a $25 refund on the boxes to these members and they have refused. I have had heard from other sellers that buyers are known to take a handful of good comics and then return the rest of the box for a refund, which is the reason I will not offer a full refund on these boxes. Especially after many of the other buyers received the boxes and liked them and left positive kudo's.

This all started when the buyer POE sent me pm's telling me that he did not want a box of beaters, his expectations were much higher than I had listed these comics were. I clearly stated all comics were from the 1970's, all were VG - VF/NM and no more than 5 of the same issue PER BOX. I have clearly complied with my listing and I admit that maybe a handful may have gotten by me, which is the reason I offered the $25 refund per box.

Bottom line, this whole thread was started primarily to slander my name. I have stated the facts and requested photo's of the supposedly water damaged comics and of the entire contents of the box, of which they have not provided. MLMEADE just states that he will not list the photo's of the comics because the buyer is always right and of his long outstanding reputation.

I refuse to go on the thread any longer and be a punching bag. I hope that you read the entire thread and determine for yourself what should be done.

Sincerely,

Sergio

Provide the names of the sellers, if this libelous statement is true,

although it's obvious these are the sort of lies you tell to yourself help you to get a few hours of sleep alone at night and they really have no basis in reality, do they? (tsk)

Good luck, they won't help you in Hell.

Dear CGC Mods,

[suhhh-NIP!]

Sincerely,

Sergio

Oh my Lord, dude, give it a rest. Even if you're 100% correct..and evidence and testimony clearly demonstrate that you are not...but even if you WERE, in the interests of customer service ALONE you should NEVER be accusing your buyers of trying to scam YOU, PRIOR to them returning the books, and with absolutely no evidence. Nor should you be yelling all over the boards the equivalent of "TOO BAD, SO SAD, YOU LOSE, SUCKAHS!!!!"

Dude, do you have ANY propriety to show, here?

You're like that cell phone chick on Judge Judy who INSISTED that she "didn't do anything wrong", and she offered "exactly what was described" when she mailed two PICTURES of the phones in question, and Judy took her to the woodshed and gave her a public shaming, which is what you're getting right now.

Your ethics need a SERIOUS checkup, my friend. You clearly have no shame.

You keep saying people are trying to "slander" you, but why would they have reason to do that unless they were, in fact, not happy with their purchases? Do they compete with you? Not that I see. Do you have past bad history with these people? Not that I see. So by what POSSIBLE logic would they INVENT (which is what "slander", more correctly LIBEL, is) stories about you to damage your reputation?

Yeah, it's pretty keen of him to project his own lack of ethic onto others.

BTW, color me embarrassed, but was trying to find an old PM from VTcomics when he bought 2 boxes of GA books from me, and I noticed that Comicseekers had committed to purchase a cheap GA book from me in the VCC back in Feb.08. after a few days I sent him a 2nd PM asking if he was going to pay, and he said he would that weekend,. Never happened, he flaked out on the purchase and I gave the comic to VtComics. Damn, it all my fault for not remembering this flake.

Dale is right though. I'll paraphrase what many have said thru the years, "If the devil had a book at the right price, someone would buy it".

Money rules this hobby now. The books themselves are incidental.

Alas that's 100% right.

Clobberintime has been on the probation list since 2007, refuses to make good, but started posting the :takeit: again a few months ago. Some boardies pointed out in the selling thread that he was on the list, but others congratulated him with the purchase.

Seller told us he would "review" the situation, but nobody knows if the sale went through or not.

As long as a member isn't banned by the mods they can buy and sell to their heart's content. Even Cap_freak or ComicSupply could start a new selling thread tomorrow if they wanted to :tonofbricks:

24 - Ban

19 - Probation

5 - Does not warrant adding to probation list

I have the poll setup to run until tomorrow morning.

:news: UPDATE:

27 - Ban

21 - Probation

7 - Does not warrant adding to probation list

So far, 87% of those that have voted lean towards some form of punishment, with 49% declaring "Banning," and 38% leaning towards "Probation."

Fair enough. Case closed for me. What we can all get from this thread is, Sergio is a Liar and a Cheat and for all intensive purposes a very bad speller...

Dear CGC Mods,

MLMEADE among other members has been slandering my name all over the boards! I sold long white boxes of Bronze Issues that I purchased from Adam "FILTER" and then sold them on these boards due to hardship.

I have never and would never deceive anyone on this board, please refer to my feedback. I sold 18 boxes on these boards of which I received positive Kudo's from other members.

I have been reading slandering comments from MLMEADE, MYNAMEISLEGION, POE.. which has started a lynching from other board members who have not purchased the books.

I have repeatedly asked the buyers who are unhappy with the purchase to post pictures of all the comics that they stated were "WATERDAMAGED" and they have NOT.

MLMEADE posted pictures of 10 comics which had string indentations due to distributor packing and 1 which did have water damage. I admit that I may have missed a handful of the 5000+ that I packed. I offered a $25 refund on the boxes to these members and they have refused. I have had heard from other sellers that buyers are known to take a handful of good comics and then return the rest of the box for a refund, which is the reason I will not offer a full refund on these boxes. Especially after many of the other buyers received the boxes and liked them and left positive kudo's.

This all started when the buyer POE sent me pm's telling me that he did not want a box of beaters, his expectations were much higher than I had listed these comics were. I clearly stated all comics were from the 1970's, all were VG - VF/NM and no more than 5 of the same issue PER BOX. I have clearly complied with my listing and I admit that maybe a handful may have gotten by me, which is the reason I offered the $25 refund per box.

Bottom line, this whole thread was started primarily to slander my name. I have stated the facts and requested photo's of the supposedly water damaged comics and of the entire contents of the box, of which they have not provided. MLMEADE just states that he will not list the photo's of the comics because the buyer is always right and of his long outstanding reputation.

I refuse to go on the thread any longer and be a punching bag. I hope that you read the entire thread and determine for yourself what should be done.

Sincerely,

Sergio

Sergio,

I posted pictures of MANY more than 10 books. And I gave a complete breakdown of what was in the box. I had no reason before this transaction to give you a hard time. I offered to return the box at my cost for a full refund, that wasn't good enough for you. So then MYNAMEISLEGION posted even more pictures of his box and that still isn't good enough. You have taken some hits on this thread, but it's not slander when it's true.

ML

Dale is right though. I'll paraphrase what many have said thru the years, "If the devil had a book at the right price, someone would buy it".

Money rules this hobby now. The books themselves are incidental.

Alas that's 100% right.

Clobberintime has been on the probation list since 2007, refuses to make good, but started posting the :takeit: again a few months ago. Some boardies pointed out in the selling thread that he was on the list, but others congratulated him with the purchase.

Seller told us he would "review" the situation, but nobody knows if the sale went through or not.

As long as a member isn't banned by the mods they can buy and sell to their heart's content. Even Cap_freak or ComicSupply could start a new selling thread tomorrow if they wanted to :tonofbricks:

Clobberintime 'bought' an FF #32 from me, but dragged out the 'purchase' for months...and then went underground.

When he resurfaced, he didn't even send me an apology...just continued on as though nothing had ever happened.

The only way to put a stop to the activities of the untrustworthy is to bomb any future threads, or warn any future sellers who get a :takeit: posted in their thread from said offenders. (thumbs u

The only way to put a stop to the activities of the untrustworthy is to bomb any future threads, or warn any future sellers who get a :takeit: posted in their thread from said offenders. (thumbs u

I could see where this could get out of hand, but I support this initiative.

For example, in my next sales thread, (look for it, sometime in the next decade), I plan on putting in the caveat that anyone who has knowledge of bidders has my PERMISSION to state their past behavior openly in my thread. In other words, I'd rather someone post publicly what you are stating, rather than not.

Maybe we need some kind of Forum Police - outside of the mods - to keep any eye on all types of behaviour across the whole board?

And what kind of salary do you plan on paying this person?

Maybe we need some kind of Forum Police - outside of the mods - to keep any eye on all types of behaviour across the whole board?

I'll do it for free!

I'll do it for free!

:o

hm

Bottom line? I want to deal with a seller that will make me happy. Comicseekers is not that seller.

Anyone that has been on the probation list is probably not that seller. A Zebra doesn't change their spots. If they got off the list it was probably only to buy what they want or sell more *weiner snitzel*.

MLMEADE posted pictures of 10 comics which had string indentations due to distributor packing and 1 which did have water damage.

Oh come on, give the guy a break. He sent a long box of comics and included *one* that happened to have a tiny bit of water damage...

:popcorn: